New to hydroponics, whats the difference and how to start?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Greyygoose, Jul 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. I've been doing soil grows for a while, but after hearing some very good things on this forum about hydro grows, im thinking about getting into it. I've found a few guides online but still have a few questions.
    is there a DIY guide anywhere or could a more experienced hydro grower help walk me through making my own hydro system.
    and how would it impact my grow? none of the guides ive read so far have been similar to my grow setup, so im still not sure how big of an improvement it would be. right now i've got a 1000w HPS in a 5x5 grow tent, usually i do 10 plants per grow. i get between 2 and 3 ounces (dried) per plant with 4 weeks veg, and 8 weeks flowering. from the research ive done so far, its supposed to shorten my grow time and increase my yields, but if someone can give me a ballpark of just how much it'll change, id appreciate it, thanks.

2. oh no. i get 2 pounds per yield in a 4x4 under a 1000w has.

3. DM me if you would like to hear about how i do things.

4. There are many hydroponic methods. Have you made a decision on which one you are going to try?

5. haven't really been able to decide yet, mostly because i cant find anywhere online that tells me the differences between them in terms of quicker harvest and higher yield. i was thinking about going with a bubble bucket system, but i dont want to have to change the water in each bucket, id rather use one of the hydro methods that has a reservoir that i can just empty, and adjust ph and nutes from the reservoir instead of each individual bucket. what i need is a hydro system that provides the best result, but doesnt involve me checking the ph and nute levels of 24 individual buckets every day or two.

6. Growing 24 plants in any hydroponic system is ambitious. If you don't want to have to check individual buckets then a flood and drain system would be a good choice, or coco. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I second this. I, as a commercial grower, grow between 16-25 plants per 4x4 flood tables. (I have 6+7 tables ;)

I use rockwool with a flood and drain system. I love it. 2 - 2.5 lbs. per.