New to hydroponic help with nutrients

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by bert101, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Im new to hydroponics and am about to try my first hydo grow. im going to make a couple of bubble buckets an have everything to get started but nutrients. I really have no clue how to manage the nutrients situation with hydroponics can someone please help me out?

2. if you are going to dable in hydro
    spend the money and get a good meter for ppm,ph,temp ect
    all these are big factors in your goal
    blue lab makes a decent meter can probly locate at any hydro store in your area

3. Research the lucas method.

The short version is this...

Buy a gallon of General Hydroponics Flora Bloom

and

A gallon of General Hydroponics Flora Micro.

Buy a pH meter and a PPM meter.

If you want to save a few bucks buy a gallon of General Hydroponics Flora Nova Bloom
    (My choice because its simpler).

Now if you go the 2 part route all you do is use 8ml per gallon of micro and 16ml per gallon of bloom. Start to finish, no need to adjust the strength. You don't need any additives or enhancers, this is a complete nutrient. For the most part the fancy enhancers are just a similar nutrient profile that's broken down into many parts so you can spend more money. There are many studies that show the lucas method performs as well and better than even connoisseur nutrients by Advanced. -- If you do want to add anything a good addition would be liquid koolbloom for the last half of flowering.

If you go the Flora Nova Bloom route you just need 8ml per gallon the whole grow. And the same rules apply as above. Its thick like hot peanut butter though, so you have to shake it like crazy before using it and mix it very well. I use a 5 gallon bucket full of water, add my flora nova, pop 2 pumps into the bucket and plug them in. Let them run for 10 or 15 minutes before taking any measurements.

good luck