New to hydro and growing in general

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Bob_Plant, Aug 3, 2005.

1. The set up:

400 Watt MH will switch to HPS at 2 months. switchable ballast
    Micro garden 10 gallon reserver ebb and flow
    Eight 5 inch pots using clay balls medium.
    Tri flex solution
    in a cabinet C-22 modified from home depot
    cooled with a 200 cfm Hurricane in line fan.

seed - haw x burmese mostly sativa

So far I have 3 week old basil plant, smells good has grown well on half strength solution
    and about 5 sprouts.

The questions:
    How many plants should I grow? The guy at the hydro store indicated that I might would grow to 18 inches and then switch light and have to remove some plants. Are 5 two many?

Orginally I was going to add another cabinet and do SOG in one and mother plant in another. But I have changed my mind. Will grow in one cabinet.

Should I stll prune the top of plants? At what stage should I do it? Will it increase the yeild? I have about 4 to 5 feet of vertical grow space. And good space side to side. Micro garden is 31 by 14. grow space is 32 by 20.

Is it ok two use half solution? I don't want to over fert. Will the yield suffer?

With 5 plants what are the odds I will get a male and have a seed crop?

what is the estimate yield on 5 plants grown to about 4 feet?

Can a move from hydro to outdoors to finish?
    In texas DFW area? maybe Oct and Nov

2. Thia is my first hydro grow. I have attempted a soil grow but I could not keep it watered.
    This is working much better I have about a $1000 in so far. I should not need anything else.

I now have a cabinet (C22 from home dept) C-13 is good to but my garden fits in the C-22. A 400 watt switchable ballast and a micro garden holds 8 5 inch pots. medium is grow rock clay balls. Use Triflex chemicals.

One 4 inch in line fan about 210 cfm and I just added a charcoal filter. It started smelling after about month I had to do something I didn' t expect it to start smelling so soon.

I have 3 plants in a micro garden 10 gal res hydro set up. 2 are 14 inches and the other is about 8. They are in the 5 inch pots and grow rocks

Do I need to repot in a hydro set up?

They seem fine and have roots out the pot bottoms. I will be starting flower stage before Oct at this rate. have started from seed around Aug 1.

I don't think I will be moving outside maybe in the spring with the next try. I should flowering within the month.

Free Marc Emery