New to growing need help with hydroponic

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Whitewidow08, Sep 27, 2011.

1. hey im new to here but i was thinking about starting a hydroponic system grow..i was at the hydro store and the guy showed me this system that cost 60 dollars its from genralhydroponics and its a waterfarm it comes with nutes and everything and he showed me a light i forget the name right now but it cost 90 dollars what else do i need? im totally new to this

2. #2 DemiseInDisguise, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2011
    don't buy anything at the hydro store yet! you are too inexperienced and you should figure out some things before you go spending money:

How do you want to grow? (Bubble buckets, Ebb N Flo, RWDC, etc)

How big is your growing space?

Is it going to be stealth?

How much is your budget?

How many plants do you desire?

If you planned on doing one or two plants then I recommend checking out rumpleforeskin's DIY bubble bucket thread found here: http://forum.grasscity.com/do-yourself/121335-lets-build-bubble-bucket-*step-step*.html

or if you have a little more space and want to do a few more plants you could try a RDWC system. They are pretty expensive but a lot of people make their own. Budslinger has a guide found here: http://forum.grasscity.com/do-yourself/600352-budslingers-recirculating-bubble-buckets.html That's the set up I will be using in a couple of weeks time. The materials are pretty cheap. I'd imagine around 100 bucks give or take.

Anyways, answer those questions and I'll give you pointers or suggestions and some articles I've read over the past week and a half that has helped me gain a lot of knowledge. As well as the GC members :hello:

3. okay thanks and what would be the best for first time grow? im just looking at growing 1 plant for now and then after that ill see where it goes..i have a pretty good sized grow area and i dont need it to be stealth and im looking at spending up to 100 dollars and only growing 1 plant for now.

4. and the system i found at the hydro store is here GENERAL HYDROPONICS would this be a good system to buy if i dont have the time to build my own?