New to growing. How is my setup?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by DATDANKDOE, Nov 29, 2016.

1. I've been reading and I've learned quite a bit from the advice of some of you. I picked my setup based off a few factors and here's what I have.

Apollo 5x5 tent
    XXXL 6" air cooled hood
    Nanomux dimmable Digital ballast 1000w
    1000w Hortilux MH and a Hortilux SHPS
    Active air 6" inline fan
    Active air fan speed adjuster
    6x24 carbon filter

I'll be growing 10 plants in FFOF/light warrior soil mix in 5 gallon smart pots.
    This is my first grow and I'm trying to make it worth it. I completely understand there will be issues arise and I'm learning how to deal with those.

After my seeds germinate can I put in solo cup with FFOF soil under the 1000w MH? Or would it be smarter to use CFL since I can get the light closer?

2. So, you don't want to start them off in anything that big, provided they're photo period plants.

I personally veg under my 1k HPS, but I turn it down to 500. Adjust for stretch as needed.

3. I was considering solo cups at first then maybe 3 gallon pots and finish in 5. I'm open to advice from someone with more experience than I!

How far away is your light?

4. I do solo cups, then 1 gallons, then 5-15 gallons, if I'm going to use a "dirt" based medium.
    Growing weed is actually really easy man, we're more than glad to help.

I keep it 12-18 inches above the canopy, but I have dedicated AC running, when needed.

5. Gotcha, I'll do that too.

I was thinking 3ft from the plants. I have the air cooled hood with a couple fans to put some air on the tops but no AC.

6. pH your water @ 6.3-6.5, and don't differentiate from that.

16-18 inches is what most use.

You want to pull the air through your hood, not push it.

7. 16-18" even for seeds? I thought that may be too much for seeds.

8. I also bought the ph up and ph down to make sure my water is on point.

9. Start at 16, adjust for stretch. Is it a dimmable ballast, or full 1k at all times?

• Like Like x 1
  10. It's dimmable digital ballast

11. So, turn it down to the lowest setting, put it 16 inches above them.
    Make damn sure you do not plug the ballast into the wall first before connecting everything else......I had someone do that once, and I had to wait a few days to get another ballast in. It made a nice popping sound. Hook up everything from the hood back to the wall, then plug the ballast in.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thanks bro! That helps for sure. I feel better about using the 1000w now.