New To Growing Here.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BobbyMontana, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Hey guys. New to the forum here and growing in general. Im on medical here in MT. I just wanted to post some pics here, get an idea on what other people think about this grow. Quick run down here on what i got going on and ill see if i cant get some pics going here. My main questions about this grow.

1. When should i start putting these girls on 12hr? They havent really shown signs of being males yet at all. And hard to beleave i got all females. I ordered none feminized seeds from BC Bud Depot. But i guess it was on 4/20 :) maybe the the smile face on the inside actually did mean something! Anyways.

2. Are there any signs you guys can see of over crowding? Possible issues with it? Etc. I'v been waiting on sexing to happen so i can weed out all the plants. I def have more then i will eventually, just holding out on females yet hence question 1. Im thinking maybe i need to hit em with the 12 hour to get em to sex before size is an issue.

Quick run down on the grow as much as i can anyways. Its in my office. I work from home. So heat is a major issue. No AC. I am my own IT guy. My job can give two shiz about my equpment over heating. So heat is pretty much the issue and also size i reckon. Plants are BC Bud Depot - Malawi Gold. 100% Sativa. Chose her for the chirstmas tree grow conditions due to it being in a closet. i should have did more research into the grow time though. Didnt realize they took forever to grow. I think the most are saying 16 weeks about. For lights i went with flourescent. I know i know. But heat. I took it to the max as far as im concerned. Might get two more 4 foot side ones for a total of 6 at 5000 lumens each but maybe not. Its pretty bright in there with the doors shut. I got the whole closet covered in shiny stuff. Got in all 4 corners. 5000 lumen sunblaze t5's. 1 bulb in each. 1 fixure in middle of closet on its side with 2 bulbs in it. Not very bright. Cant remember the bulbs. There t12, mostly reds. The plants seem to love it. Was at ace, i just picked out some "full spectrum" t12 bulbs and stuck it in a 80 watt light base they had. Then i also have a hanging 17.500 lumen one. Its got flourescent tubes in a big round tube shape. I took a pic of that for yah to. That one has a hood with it. For soil i started out with some miracle grow i saw some other guy had in a pic online. Bad mistake. After a few weeks something happened to the plants. Mild issue with color, lime green tint, droppy and folded leave issues. I went and got foxfarm. Pic included. When i transplanted to bigger pots. The plants started looking great after that. O and in the very start i didnt have the PH under control on the water and it was in the 8+ range. Got that taken care of with vinegar when i PH the water when i feed. Umm for food im using some miracle grow crap. Im sure its prob crap to. Says to use every few weeks and not to leaf feed. So every other watering iv been using it. Pic included. Wouldnt mind some feed back on that. Sorry so winded. Been at this grow alone with random internet info for along time now. lol.

This here was early on when i first transplanted to the big pots. Plants kinda sickly.
    [​IMG]

Here they are a few days later. Looking better.
    [​IMG]

Closet pic
    [​IMG]

Here is the best closeup i can get.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]