new to growing, help please :)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by grapeapeflo, Feb 27, 2013.

1. so, ive never grown before, and i wanna grow hydro, i have a kit in mind but im not sure if its good or not, here is a link to the page Deluxe Hydroponics Grow Kits - Caligrow Kits
    does this look like a good kit to use for a biginner? also, my fiance is paranoid that it will smell up the whole place, any idea or product not too expensive to take care of that problem? all advice and info would be greatly greatly apriciated since this is going to be my first grow. thank you guys for any help :)

2. That's a fairly small kit. You'd save some money making the DWC yourself and buying the light and all that separate I'd bet.

It WILL smell up the entire house in a hurry if you don't take precautions. I consider odor control to be as important as water and lighting when it comes to growing pot. There are quite a few options, but carbon filters are tried and true. They are a little expensive, but definitely worth it. Otherwise, you'll probably have the cops knocking at your door about the smell.

3. You think I could build it cheaper myself? Where could I get supplies? Just like home depot or local flower shops, and as far as the smell, its really not TOO big a deal, I live in Colorado and we can legally grow 6 now, its just my fiance is super paranoid about it still so it would be to put her mind at ease. I've seen the carbon filter, but what is it?

4. Honestly, my first two grows I tried to go the "cheap" route but I wish I didn't. This is now my thirs grow and I spent all the money in the right places and man does it make a difference. Thats not saying you can't save money here and there but spend money in the right places like (Exhaust, Light proof box/tent, ph/TDS meter). I find when you try to go the cheap route you spend more time trying to find your way around things and end up spending more money then you realize.

Good luck!

5. That's the same kit I recently purchased. I recieved the kit already, and while it does lookalike I could have saved a little, I think it's worth having it delivered to my house. It's good for a closet grow or something small like that, plus it comes with all the nutrients you need and ph up and down ect. To me it was worth it.

6. I would also recomend building it yourself... Yes you do recieve a SMALL supply of nutes and ph adjusters but once you grow one cycle you will want MORE! LOL! You will need to purchase new nutes this will cost as much if not more than the initial investment due to product sizes. Do buy some lowes buckets the grey ones they are dark keep the light out visit a grow store or order online net pots, airstones and a nice airpump. As far as the lights look on craigslist man i am from colorado as well and people give up on growin all the time! There is all u need at way less than cost on there. Ive purchased three ballasts from dispenses that went under off craigslist.