New to growing have a few questions.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by purp4dub, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Hello GC community. I am about to start my first grow I am using this 400w HPS light (High Tech Garden Supply) and got this nute package (High Tech Garden Supply) I just had a few questions. I dont know how much water I should use when I water. I dont want to over water or under water the plant. Also I dont know how or when to give the nutes. I dont even know what nutes to use. I am also having trouble germinating these bag seeds I got. I have alot of them and try to place them between two damp paper towels in a ziplock bag. They wont crack or anything its been almost a week. I would like to start my first grow very soon. Any advice for a newbie?:smoking::smoking:

2. Keep the paper towels moist while germing the seeds.

Don't use seeds that are white, black, or green, or that crackle when you roll them firmly between thumb and forefinger. You want to start brown/grey seeds that are not cracked.

When you water, do so thoroughly until you soak the soil and get runoff out the bottom, then don't water at all until the soil dries out a bit. You can't overwater by giving too much in any one watering, any extra just runs out -- you overwater by watering too frequently. MJ roots will suffocate if kept constantly moist, they need a chance to dry out a bit.

How you give nutes depends on what nutes you have. Don't start feeding until 2 weeks after they sprout from the soil. Start at 1/4 strength and slowly build up from there. You want a veg fert at first then a flower fert later.