New to growing and I have some questions.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TOKRFRED, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Hey blades! It's been a while since i have posted but I come bearing questions. I have decided to grow (medical licensed) and i am planning on getting a "600w Grow Package" (http://www.bustan.ca/all-in-one-indoor-garden-package-3x3-w-600w-digital-ballast-1.aspx) I am building a room in my basement which i will put the tent in and a T5 for veg and clones. I appreciate all the replies and thank you in advanced for bearing with my questions.

- My ideal grow would be 6 plants under 600w. Is 3x3 tent big enough?
    - Hydro or soil? Quality is my main goal
    - If soil; pots or bags?
    - If soil; what medium should I use?
    - Can anyone recommend good, organic nutes? There are so many, its a little overwhelming.

2. personally (meaning this is subjective to opinion) I would not grow 6 plants in a 3X3, I would probably do 2-3 if you are planning to flower in that same tent? If you are not set on soil or hydro, you should go with a "soil-less" medium, meaning coco coir or peat moss or pro mix( or some other soil less mix). I would also use smart pots if going soilless... this is just my opinion. As far as nutrients go, you could choose from a variety but it really depends on budget, and what you decide will be your medium...

3. IMO 2 square feet per plant is needed, my 4x4 box is pretty full with 4 full grown plants in it.

4. Dam! Is that really the price? $900??
    Surely you can find a better price than that? I know we aren't in the same country, but that sounds crazy expensive.

Yeah you can easily fit 6 in there, but the yield will be the same as if you had done 4, and 4 is less work. Hell, you could easily fill it with 1 if you wanted. It's really personal choice. The more plants you have, the smaller they have to be to fit.

A 3'x3' is a nice size, but if you're able to get a 4'x4' instead, you will have a bit more room to play with and a 600w will just about cover the area adequately.

Hydro or soil? That again is personal preference. If you already have experience growing with soil. Maybe fruit and vegetables perhaps, then soil would be your best bet. But if you have no knowledge of growing any plants, then I would recommend hydro as it takes the guesswork out of a few factors.

I prefer pots myself, but other people prefer bags, the differences are minimal and just go with what you prefer.

I can't be of much help when it comes to soil and nutes because we live in different countries and don't share many of the same products