New to GC, kinda iffy about posting

Discussion in 'Security' started by bizzybombchron, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Hey, this is my first post even tho i have been lurking around the last couple days. I am still kinda paranoid about posting questions and other things to this site. Im jus looking for some reassurances and peace of mind. Has anybody got into a "mess" or ANYTHING after posting pics of their ladies or their set ups?? IM also curious as to why some of the pictures in the gallery are not visible anymore?? Seems like all the good ones are blocked. lol Is that cuz im new?? Please any positive and/or negative experiences with the site would do wonders to calm my nerves and help me get acquainted with the site. I got TONS of questions

2. if your scared then dont post pics of your stuff.. just pics of SWIM's plants.. aka Someone I Met

3. well, i kinda just think its stupid for me to be so paro when i see TONS of pics and posts and havent seen anything about anybody getting busted or watched or anything. I guess im jus a paranoid freak. lol

4. lol SWIM is Someone Who Isnt Me

and @op, as for the picture issue, its because we recently updated the servers and are having issues with the updates still

5. Ok, so i believe i have gotten over my fears. lol been lurking the site for couple days feeling it out, making myself comfortable. I am part way thru vegging my first ever attempt, thinking about sharing the journey. lol

6. if you are worried you can always start an account on an image hosting site and insert the pics from those links hahhaha

7. Don't do that stupid swim shit it doesnt help, and thats happened after the forum upgrade some attachments just dont work for some reason.

8. GC just had an upgrade, thats why you are seeing issues with the pics. I have been posting here for several years and never had as much as a scare. It's plenty safe to post, just dont use your real name, location, etc.

If you were to get in trouble, a few clicks will erase every post in your thread.

9. thanks grrower, i appreciate that. Gonna start a thread today, will add a link to it in this thread, would appreciate it if you all stop in there and check it out.

10. CIA gonna track everything you do if you use words like weed, bud, 420, acid, joint, bong and about a thousand other words so don't worry about it :)

lol at the paranoia of some ppl...

11. im not that bad!!! lol

12. Two words of advice: IP blocker/proxy software - if you "really" want some security.

It IS very easy to track you down via your IP address if someone wants to - but I am not aware of how this forum software works as it relates to IP addresses being released to third parties.

For instance, entertainment companies regularly fish out IP addresses of people downloading from torrent sites - and do it easily - then notify your ISP, who have readily available, your home address and name based on your IP. That is VERY easy for the feds and law enforcement to do, if they want to. That is why you don't see ANYONE posting pictures of their large grow ops online etc..., (not that anyone here has that type of thing typically).

No need to be paranoid if you're a personal stash grower with less than 5 plants and don't post anything about your location or any pics that might help identify you.

But there is no way I am posting here unless I'm behind a proxy using software - and I don't do searches online w/o it either. While I may not need to worry - I would rather not worry at all!

13. I would be most worried about gps tagging on your pictures. Not so much the feds finding them, but other people who are out to cause trouble. This combined with a quick scan of if you have released any other personal information in your posts can quickly point to a location. Many people do not realize that every post they make, they should be accountable for and make sure that they are not giving out too much information.

14. Do you mean from cell/smart phones? (if that isn't obvious)

15. I have posted a couple of my grows here and made it known that I am in upstate NY. No prob. The servers are hosted overseas if that helps ya. Unless you have a warehouse sized grow, you are just a tiny fish in a big sea.

16. Best IP blocker I've used below. From an IT employee/graduate, it will save your ass and give you peace of mind if you're worried at all about staying anonymous online:

Easy-Hide-IP - Download.com

USE IT.