New To Gardening Outdoors ;-)

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by danktank 420, May 19, 2013.

1. Hello GC gardeners! I am new to gardening, that is to say that @ 46 this is the first time I have done one alone. Sure I helped when I was a kid but imo that doesn't count. I ran across a pretty informative site today with a treasure trove of info. A garden and veggie guide with tips and a glossary. I am posting from my phone so I was viewing the mobile version. It was great! Check it out and I hope you benefit from it as much as I did.

http://m.extension.illinois.edu/veggies/default.cfm

2. That is a great find sir. Good info, and very mobile friendly for those of us new to the gardening game. I know I appreciate it, and so will those I pass it on too.

Extensions are generally a good place to start. Try looking up other states as well.

3. A good find too I thought. Pass it on!

4. I forgot to like your post. Sorry about that.

Have you read or heard of square foot gardening? Something to look into. I've yet to find any good, compact reads, other than books at the library. One from Mel Bartholomew. Think he first published it in 1987, but there's revisions. Couple this with lasagna style layering, and it should be a good start if you don't have a month, or year, or winter to prepare a garden..

That's my plan anyway. I'd much prefer have time, but sometimes you just dont.

HTH.

There's a thread somewhere titled Gardening Books FTW. Has some good material as well.

5. Not spam just a link that I found to be useful and thought I'd share. Did you even open it prior to your query?