New to drinking, curious about some stuff

Discussion in 'General' started by Haxd, Nov 7, 2011.

1. I'm 5'7" and 165 pounds, and i'm not much of a drinker. The only times I drank was just to taste specific drinks. I was curious how many shots would get me tipsy or drunk roughly with Jack Daniel's, Captain Morgan's, Crown Royal etc etc.. All those 40% drinks.

I assume with my body size that this might be the right amount?

1 shot = Light buzz?
    2 shots = Buzzed?
    3 shots = Tipsy?
    4 shots = Drunk?

I probably sound like a huge nub, but w/e, I'm gonna be drinking with family next weekend so I'm just curious, thanks :)

2. Drink until you can't feel feelings. It's not a science.

3. I'm not planning to get drunk, I'd rather get tipsy :p

4. Man i'm 6'3'' 150 lbs lol and i dont feel buzzed after 1 shot. it takes me about 6 or 7 to get drunk. i honestly dont drink very much so it'll probably take you about 3 to get buzzed, 5-7 to get drunk. If its your first time, you'll probably feel it much sooner

5. drink two steel reserves and you'll be ass drunk at any weight

6. #6 Ralta, Nov 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2011
    Something tells me OP is overthinking it a little too much; drink, not too quickly; try not to get into too many competitions with people, and if you throw-up, or you can't find your way home, then you've gone too hard. Oh, and drink some water before sleeping, it always helps stave off hangovers...

As long as you don't start chugging litre bottles of vodka in under 30 minutes, you should be ok. Your body will tell you the rest...

7. That makes sense, thanks!

8. Yeah sorry, I'm probably over thinking :p I've never even been buzzed off alcohol and I know a few people who have put it into a science on how many shots or glasses will get them buzzed or drunk due to their height and weight so I thought maybe some people on here would be able to help, but yeah I'm not planning to play games or have competitions lol :p are't you supposed to wait 30 minutes between each drink though? :p

9. Slick, once you've drank a while you get to know your buzz rhythms. If you want to know your limit and start recognizing your own rhythmic pattern than buy a bottle of cheap Swedish vodka and drink until you either puke or pass out. Do this 2 more times and you're good to drink about anything.

10. Has anybody ever herd the word "time"?
    Tolerance level also hasn't been discussed, people who've been drinking for 25 years can drink a crap load more than a noob can.

OP, take a night that you don't have shit to do.
    drink a shot every 30 minutes or so. After two, see how you feel.
    An hour later, drink 3 in an hour.
    Another hour later, 4 in an hour.

Like working with any other gauge, you need to calibrate it, there's two way to do it. Drink for years, or do something (I'll be the first to admit, rather stupid) like this.

11. Can't tell if trolling or just really stupid...

12. Pace yourself, be a badass and drink it on the rocks.

13. No I'm serious, that's how I learned my limit, I was about 15 had a cousin buy me a couple bottles and just drank it straight until I passed out or puked. I got to know my pattern in no time. How tall you are or how much you weigh doesn't mean shit since every bodies body is different and how they can take to booze.

14. The only way to know is to do it, but heres a tip. Drink slowly. Take a shot, wait a bit. Take a shot, wait a bit.

If you take shots one after another, youll quickly realize your are far more fucked up than you wanted.

15. [quote name='"Internetz"']

Can't tell if trolling or just really stupid...[/quote]

Ironic. Dudes method is better than yours.

16. I'm sure you are, I remember a kid at school doing something similar, and ending up getting a stomach pump to counteract the possibility of alcohol poisoning.

But then other people can do it, but yeah tolerance and time are considerations to take into account like someone referred to earlier.

17. find a blood alcohol calculator using google. then use this:

Effects at Specific BAC

I usually aim for .05 and can get there pretty accurately with some Everclear.

18. "Discussion of other drugs is not allowed on Grasscity"

ಠ_ಠ

19. #19 bahookahjoe18, Nov 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2011
    alcohol's allowed

20. i would strongly recommend drinking beers instead of hard liquor. it's easier to control. first time i drank vodka i got way to drunk puked everywhere and looked like a fool.