New to coco coir

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Seymour Green 420, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Hello Blades, I am just starting my first grow in coco. I am using cyco coco pearl and it says it's already washed and pre-buffered to ph 5.5-6.0. I am growing in a 32"x32"x63" tent, using a 250 true watt Timber cob led. My temps are 72 degrees Fahrenheit, and my Rh is 45. I am experimenting with fox farms gringo rasta 3 part nute system at half strength, and adding 2.5ml of calimagic to a gallon of ro water, as my tap water is extremely hard. I was already experiencing deficiencies and slow growth, I transplanted to larger pots, as the plants became root bound very fast. This has helped some and the plants are progressing. I would up load some pics but I have no idea how to do that, but I'll work on figuring that out. My question is do any of the experienced coco growers have any advice for a noob coco grower? Any recomendations on better nutes, or any tips? I have been feeding with every water, and water every other day, as the plants were small and not drinking fast enough and I think that wet medium was inhibiting root development. Should I be watering everyday? I have scoured every site and thread imaginable for months now and for hours a day...I have basically become consumed by growing cannabis in coco! I was even 110 pages in the 185 page ironheads method for coco success thread and had all the nutes and additives in my Amazon cart ready to pull the trigger next payday! Thank GOD I jumped to the last couple of pages to see he has totally given up on this method. There really is alot of mixed info on coco, it's the ask ten people, get ten different answers kind of situation. I know a lot of different methods work for a lot of people, I'm just trying to find some definitive guides to growing in coco/perilite, and any help from the more experienced coco growers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. What is your coco/perlite ratio? What is your pH going in and coming out? I feed every day to run off starting about 3 days or so from sprout.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hi Mick! Thanks for replying, I have been following your threads and respect you very much as a coco expert, so your helping me out is greatly appreciated. To answer your question, my ratio is 70/30 coco to perilite, and I have been feeding at a ph of 5.6, and my run off has been testing at 6.2-6.5. I don't have an ec meter yet, but hopefully I'll be able to order one next Friday when I get paid.