New to cloning. Accidental

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Saltyveins, Jul 15, 2018.

1. I accidentally knocked a lower limb off my plant checking for bugs. I was messing with and pinched the top to see how hard it would be to FIM. Then it hit me. I should try to replant it. How long before you know it’s going to take/grow roots? I’m new to this so I had no idea what I was doing. I did it on Wednesday so it’s been four days. Thanks y’all.

Attached Files:

2. Did you go straight to soil? Any type of rooting solution used before? You can use honey for that.

She's gonna need moisture for the leaves to soak up. Can you put something clear over the whole cup to hold in that moisture? It will help.

3. I dipped in some local honey and stuck it straight in the soil. I’m using Fox farm ocean forest. I have a clear 2 liter I have stuck over it and mist the plant and inside to bottle every 4 or 5 hours except when I sleep. I didn’t know if the honey would work but it was all I had at the time. Thanks for reassuring me and thank you for the help.

Is it normal for the tips of the leaves to turn brown after you FIM it?

4. I've never done FIM. What yours is doing looks just like a stem after topping. The sap comes out and gets darker with age before drying up. It doesn't look abnormal.

5. Thanks for the reassurance. I sort of messed up and put it in the sun for a few hours. I figured since it came off a plant that was used to the sun it would be fine. Well, it wasn’t. It looked horrible. I put it back in the dark and it started to come back though. Lesson learned. I have pics of before and after. Hopefully it comes back.

Do you think adding co2 to a clone would help or not? Thanks y’all.

0CF39C34-9614-4E71-8C5A-61BC7BC6AA43.jpeg 82E25F2E-A9D1-41B2-BC22-01DDD88C0A65.jpeg

6. She doesn't look good.

There's no roots to soak up any water. That's why you needed to keep her under that 2 liter, so it would capture the moisture in the air and allow the plant to soak it up through the leaves. Clones need to be in a low light, high humidity for about 2 to 3 weeks until roots are grown. They aren't ready for sun for a few weeks more after that.

Picture Guide to Cloning Marijuana | Grow Weed Easy

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thank you. I wasn’t sure of how much light they needed. I have t5 bulbs that light up my shop. If I just keep it on the table in there that would be okay for a few weeks? How many hours of light a day do they need? I’ve heard that they grow roots during the dark period and leaves during the light period. Is that true? Thank you for the help. I really appreciate it.

8. T5 will be fine. If she lives, 18 on 6 off will work.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thank you. Just what I needed to know. Can I put it in my box under the cfls after the few weeks is up? I had it on the table in my shop for four days before I put it outside, but my shop lights was only on a few hours a day, maybe 12-14 hours. Less on some days. I don’t want to stress it again. I have 230 watts of cfls. I’m worried about it happening again. How do you know when to take the dome off and leave it off? Sorry for all the questions. This is just a cool forum and it seems there is a lot of knowledge here and some pretty cool people. Learn as much as I can, you know.
    Thanks again

10. One more question. I made a homemade co2 contraption. Would it help if I pump it into the dome or not enough to even worry with it?

11. To use CO2 you'll need enough light and heat and very controlled air flow to really take advantage of using it effectively.

Lol, just try to understand the plant first and be able to take it successfully through a few grows before getting too far ahead. This is a hobby requiring a lot of patience.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yeah, your right. I did coral reef tanks for a lot of years and it took a long time to understand it. The motto was nothing good comes fast and if it does come fast it isn’t good. Growing reminds me a lot of that cause you needed certain elements and lights for your coral to not only live but to thrive. This is the same. Get a few under my belt before going crazy with the other stuff. Thanks for reminding me. I just get excited and hoping for my medication to come sooner than it should. Happy reefing. lol. I had a cop come to the house one time because of my fish tank. Had a bunch of metal halides growing the coral. He thought I was growing something else. Hahaha. It’s a good cover.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Fish tanks is a very good analogy! It won't take long and you start to get the hang of it. Just like fish, the water needs to be right. Soil, light, nutrients (fish food) and light all need to be taken into consideration. Learn from each grow and apply that to the next. In a year you'll be kicking ass but you'll be growing some good buds before then. ;-)

Seriously, read through this website. Grow Weed Easy - Learn How to Grow Cannabis with Simple Tutorials and you'll have a good headstart.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thanks bud! That was one reason I started with surprise strain bagseed. lol. Wanted to get my feet wet before I dropped some serious cash on quality seeds. I’ve read through the web page a few times and have bookmarked a few pages to refer back to. It’s one of the reason I joined this forum. It gave good easy to comphrend instructions for a newbie like me and no drama. Thanks again bud.

15. I'm glad to help, Saltyveins. I'm just now getting serious about it. I've had 2 experimental grows and I'm doing a 2 plant outdoor and 4 plant indoor grows right now. I know enough to be confident in what I can produce now. It's been 6 months since I started.

• Like Like x 2
  16. I am disabled and I’m tired of being on all the pills. Smoke has helped me so much in the past, it’s just too expensive and risky to buy anymore. That and you never know what strain your going to get. I’m lucky, I just moved out in the country and can’t see my neighbors houses. I have a few acres to play with too. This is my first time trying it indoors so it is a learning experience for me. It has already brought me such great joy and I haven’t even harvested yet. lol. Makes me feel young again I reckon. It’s a hobby and a medication all in one. Thank you for all your help.