New Threat To Cali Growers???

Discussion in 'General' started by The Coma, Apr 16, 2008.

1. So Today I Read an article in the paper about how the National Forest Service is waging a "NEW" battle against Outdoor growers that have major plots. specifically in the "Los Padres National service" which includes "Big Sur" a big haven for commercial & private growers for decades.......

They have purchased expensive Un-Manned Drones...Essentially elaborate Remote Control planes with military style Cameras and long range ability. I had heard about these for years but this is the first confirmation I have seen that they are bieng put into use....Obviously they are Tageting "Major Operations" (100 or more plants) that lay deep in the mountains. So far they have spotted a few plots and say they send in teams to "eradicate" the plantations rather than arrest growers.

According to officials the main purpose of this new tactic on "Guerilla Farmers" is to stop the damage to the "ENVIROMENT?"...How Convenient......since most in this area are sympatheyic to Marijuana users and growers.....I do not doubt that some of what they contend is true....But EXXAGERATTED.....

I quote: "These Marijuana Growers destroy the natural vegetation with chemical fertilizers and leave garbage such as PVC pipes and trash".....but lets face it....They just want a bust for more federal Cash.......

Some of these operations "ARE" Mexican Cartels who hire illegals to cultivate thier massive Plots......I just hope some innocent guy with 50 plants doesn't lose his crop because of overzealous law enforcement.......

In the So. Cal Area I often remembered seeing televised busts with illegalls scrambling from tents made of blue tarp.....
    Worse off....and I knew a few folks who fell victim....are Brush Fires.....Alot of people lose thier crops come fall when the Devil winds and fires ravage the hillsides and mountains.....

-D

2. Damn...a place about 15 minutes near me had a bust of a few thousand young outdoor plants just yesterday.

3. All because of some plant. disgusting!

4. Welcome to the U.S. OF A
    live it up while you can

5. how does eradicating the plants HELP the environment? what eradication methods do they intend to use? kind of rediculous logic here.

6. oh well cant live life in fear...might as well do what you do

7. Right on!

Peace

8. Everyday I hate america more and more.