New Tarentino movie trailer online

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Smokeitdown, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Yeah it looks like it's going to be awesome! Can't wait to see it.

2. that looks fucking cool! thanks for posting, hadnt seen it yet.

3. Lol yea the trailer made me kinda laugh, but I've been waitin' to see somethin' since Grindhouse so, I'll have to go see it

4. Tarantino, you magnificent son of a bitch.

The only man who can satisfy my lust for indiscriminate violence.

5. This man said it all.

6. I can't wait for Tarantino's next "masterpiece" :rolleyes:

7. I'm a little unsure of Brad Pitt, but otherwise, I can't wait! :hello:

8. I seriously thought it was a comedy

9. Aren't all of his movies?

10. #11 Sam_Spade, Feb 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2009
    Exactly!

The over-fictionalized b-movie thing is very intentional. Wouldn't be nearly as good without it.

Criticizing a Tarantino film for being convoluted is like criticizing a Morris documentary for being impartial.

11. Bro, watch the trailer for half baked, then the one for this.

Big difference ;)

12. Ha, well I'm still gonna see it, the trailer just made me laugh

13. What about criticizing them for being unoriginal, pretentious schlock?

I mean is there a man in Hollywood more full of himself these days then Tarantino? And for completely unjustifiable reasons.

14. Uh-huh, well I can see how all that would be a significant problem if you were both on The Real Word. :rolleyes:

15. Sorry, I guess I just like to watch movies that aren't ripped off from various other sources and covered in gobs of "hey, look how good I can write!" dialogue.

You know it's pretty bad when Roger Avary (Tarantino's best buddy) cuts ties with him because he's a " creative leech"

16. Tarantino doesn't at all attempt to hide the fact that he recycles plots.

It's actually pretty consistent with his auteur style.

A lot of successful directors do this... Scorsese, Cronenberg, Melville, DePalma, Herzog, Coppola, Truffaut, Van Sant; all of them have done precisley that.

Tarantino wouldn't be consistent if he wasn't borrowing, stealing and recycling directly from other narratives. Sure, he's a vulture, a leech, a malicious repugnant cannibalistic chimera. And I really enjoy his films.

• Like Like x 1
  17. He's great, he makes movies for an audience of one, himself. If you happen to like it, then great. If not, oh well, go watch something else.

18. lol no offense that looked retarded. Almost like a youtube video

19. He fell off after Pulp. And I'm saying that with serious love for Dogs and Pulp.

But Jackie Brown???

Yes, Kill Bill was enjoyable and well directed but you can't do a film like that and reach any real emotional depth.

I'll see his new one. But my hopes aren't anywhere near where they would have been 10 years ago.