New Study Finds Marijuana Less Harmful To Health Than Alcohol Or Tobacco

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by muffintoker, Oct 12, 2008.

1. http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=7723

Not like we didn't all already know that, but there are some people out there that actually think ganja is bad! Insanity, I know. Anyway, this is good news. Maybe someone up there in the system will see this, and listen to them. Hey, we can hope right?

2. There is always hope :)

3. We can only hope that one day a lightbulb will go off in the governments head.

4. yeah the other day i had a kid try to convince me that weed was just as bad/worse than cigs.

i was like....WTF is this world coming to :confused:

5. is that study called "a comparison of things verde622 do on weed and things I do when I'm drunk"?

6. Fuck the system..

7. Wasnt this always mainstream knowledge?.

8. just like smoking cigarettes was at one point good for you?

9. Dude, that light bulb has been smashed, and any other one that lights will be smashed too. Unless we have a huge change in our government.

10. One step at a time.

Eelect Obama.
    He end DEA raids in Cali, lets states decide what's best.
    Restructures the "War on drugs".
    Decriminalize budda.

Then let's take it from there. Unfortunate as it is, these things are gradual. Let's hope the country makes the shift.

11. but it's the alcohol and tobacco companies that are keeping it illegal... they'd pay anything to keep bud out of the market. Do you know how many customers they'd lose if pot was legal?

12. very true...alcohol companies would suffer a huge loss if bud was legal.

13. Not really. If weed got legalized they could produce, market and tax it just like they do tobacco right now. What they lost in customers to weed they would make up for my selling it. Imagine it. Marlboro White Widow pre-rolled in a pack. How amazing would that be?

14. Good point, but I know that I read in some article or something that weed's biggest enemy was lobbiest, not really the politicians

15. the government doesnt have a head
    it only has a wallet.

they already know damn well how harmless weed is. they knew it then, they know it now, and they'll still know it for lifetimes after ours. whether they legalize it or not is up to the stingy bastards who want all the wealth and fuck us over.

16. Too bad Biden hates on ALL drugs, he's the one who supported the Rave Act.

The Rave Act is being used by the DEA in all sorts of abusive ways. They even used it to block a NORML gathering.:rolleyes:

No matter who wins we're all still fucked you guys.

17. And you know Obama is going to get shot and Biden will have to step up to the office.

18. And Absolut Green Dragon....fucking sweet.:D

19. I hate to say it, but it could definitely happen.

But I think Biden would be better than Palin as President though. Because Mccain most likely will die while in office. I mean the guy already looks dead.

20. Cannabis less harmful than alcohol & tobacco? I could've told you that..