new stems are coming out purple

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by camontgo, Apr 29, 2009.

1. I have about 16 plants. I don't know yet if they are male or female they are about 4 weeks old. On one of my plants, the tallest one, the stalks that come up with the leaves are starting to come in with a purple tent to them. Is this a problem or maybe is it the strain of the plant?

2. ive heard plants will get purple hues when they get to cold, you got a thermometer with a max min button on it?

3. no I don't. I lost my job and money is tight. any more suggestions

4. Yeah sounds like a light or heat problem. More than likely the heat.

5. what do you suggest to add a little heat to my grow box

6. this is definitely in the wrong forum. There is NOTHING advanced about bot knowing that question. lol

7. check watering and sun light

8. The wine colored stems is not a bad thing or a good thing.
    It all depends on what strand you are growing.
    Some come out purple, some dark green, some super light green.
    I've always heard rumors..
    ALL of my plants are in the same grow room, and I have 6 different strains.
    They are all given the same Nutrients/Light/Heat/Air circulation/Whatever etc.
    And yes, they do show different colors.
    The same strains show the same colors.
    As long as there is no physical damage to the plants and they are in good health, color doesn't matter.
    I don't give a fuck what anyone says....

9. I wouldn't worry about purple stems, if your leaves are the right color/texture and everything else about the plant seems healthy, I'd just leave it be.

10. ya you shouldnt be to concerned as long as all the stems are purple. do you have any idea what strain the plants are? if it was bag seed what was the original buds like? did they show any purple on them?

11. I understand that it is not an advanced topic. I am new and I wanted an answer from someone with experience. I do not want to loose my first grow.

12. Thanks. This is my first grow and I was worried. I thought that they were ok because they are a little small, I think, but they look healthy and fat.

13. no , the weed did not have any purple in it but the 2 plants that are purple look different then the others