New Stealth Grow

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by john thorne, Apr 19, 2012.

1. I am moving out of my parents house in about a month and want to try my hand at growing marijuana. The only problem is my girlfriend does not really want me to grow marijuana so im going to have to hide it. Im thinking about building a "mini bar" in my room with my secret grow inside of it. The mini bar will be essentially one 2x2x4 box, which will house the grow, and another 2x2x3 box attached to the bigger one with some shelving for glasses and such. The bigger box with be completely sealed, the grow being inside, and will have a door on the back side which will be against the wall. My plan is to have the 2 boxes stand up about 2 inches off the ground so i can have a computer fan on the bottom as an air intake. Inside the box there will be probably just one plant, cfl's hanging from the top and a mini fan to circulate the air. Also at the top inside of the box there will be a false top, which will have an exhaust fan hooked up to some sort of carbon scrubber and some small hole out the back side of the box to release the air.

Let me know what you guys think!

Its backwards but you guys can get an idea of what im thinking.
    [​IMG]

2. First off, you should either breakup with your gf now before she dumps you, or just tell her about it. If she is against it, and you do it behind her back...good luck to you...I'm telling you, there is no way she won't find out, with out it somehow negatively affecting your relationship. True stealth is completely undetectable, and is REALLY hard to achieve. I'm still working on my design after a year(I am a fucking perfectionist, what can I say ?!) Your design will work, but I'd bet your gf will wonder "whats that humming noise?" Or "why does he move the mini bar every day?" Just my thoughts, from personal experience. Good luck!

3. okay... anybody else?

4. I've always lived by the mantra that it's easier to ask for forgiveness rather than permission. I think it's doable, but as Drum said, extremely difficult to achieve total stealth. I am in the planning/R&D phase of building my second box. I'm doing mine as a dual chamber box that looks like a big two cabinet aquarium stand. If you're mechanically-inclined and handy at building, I think it's possible. Good luck.

5. Drumdude nailed it.