New spoon pipe - advice

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Nerdytoker, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Hey guys just got my first pipe!

Need some advice:
    Best way to pack it?
    How to make a sploof without dryer sheets
    best way to clean it?
    and if i store my bud in an air tight medicine bottle will it smell?

Thanks guys!

Attached Files:

2. kinda looks like one of my first bowls minus the swirls.Any airtight container will hold in the weed smell and for packing it in my experience its best to put a piece of weed on the bottom thats big enough to clog the bottom hole (dont cram it in there though) and then smaller pieces (grinded bud if you have a grinder) on top, to help keep bowls from cashing in your mouth. best way to clean it is really hot water, and something like a pipe cleaner or qtip and rubbing alcohol if that doesnt work, but it should if you dont wait too long between cleanings. and i cant help you with the sploof i can smoke freely in my house

3. Isopropyl alcohol (preferably 99%) and salt to clean, if your anal like me get pipe cleaners to get the resin out of the bottom of the bowl.

4. #4 Soxfantony773, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2012
    lol why do all you stoners think youre supposed to put just plain old salt in your bowl. piece cleaning guides call for Epsom salt which is way bigger and more coarse than plain table salt and actually helps to get the res off not just dissolve into mush. Also if you do decide to use rubbing alcohol make sure the inactive ingredient on the back of the bottle only says water not some nasty shit.

5. Because not every stoner has motherfucking epsom salt in there kitchen.

Oh and OP the way to use this cleaning technique is puting salt and alcohol twice as much alcohol than salt in a ziplock bag. Then leave the piece sitting in there for like 5 minutes then start shaking the goddamn thing until you get the resin out.
    Best way to pack it? Grab your weed. Place in bowl. Light it. Grind it or brake it up finely for better results (More surface area).Leave a big enough nug on the bottom to cover the whole). Fill up with how much weed you feel like smoking. In spoons i tend to like snaps, but i think loading full bowls is better. Always corner your bowl. Don't torch it. You'll just waste weed and will get less hits. And i see you are an incognito smoker so after everyhit cover the bowl with your hand to kill the cherry so it won't waste/send extra smoke all over the place.

Scented sploof without dryer sheets. Grab a paper roll. Secure a couple of layers of toilet paper with a rubber band or tape on one side. Make balls with more TP and spray them with some axe. Fill the TP roll with sprayed tp. Blow through it. If you don't want scent just don't spray'em. If you go unscented it'll proly smell a little but it'll trap a lot of smell anyway.

And yeah. Any airtight container will hold the smell. Glass is always better though.

/thread :wave: haha good luck OP

6. It's "their" not "there", and maybe you should stop wasting your mommies table salt because that doesn't do shit

7. dont bother with a sploof just makes it smell like weed mixed with fabric sheets pack it shove nug in there or break it up either way just take out stem and i personally wouldnt clean it im in to letting the resin collect up it will change the appearance of the pipe and you can smoke the resin too but best way to clean is either boiling or using rubbing alcohol and sea salt in a bag put pipe in and shake it then rinse and yea pill bottles work great

8. Where does one acquire 99% Isopropyl alcohol?

9. #9 The Golden Spiral, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2012
    What the fuck's wrong with you? Why do you get offended? I'm just saying not everybody got epsom salt in *their kitchen. And you know us stoners we are lazy asses. We aren't going to the fucking store just to buy some other salt to clean my pieces. I already got salt. Why bother? Just 5 more minutes of shaking. Which is kind of fun when you are pretty baked.
    [​IMG]

Oh yeah thanks. Nobody understood. Yeah i fucked up a word. "Oh i'll point it out and be a dick!"
    Damn.

(I know stupid ass pic. But i found it hilariously coincident)

10. hahahahaha chill son

11. I guess the pharmacy/drugstore. It doesnt nescesarily has to be that alcohol. It's just that the purer the better(obviously). And a guy said something about nasty shit in alcohol. The alcohol is just to get the resin out. You need to wash/rinse it after it until it's clean. You know what i mean?

12. haha i'm chill man. i just wanted to point that out

13. Wow way to be a loser. Don't speak for everyone saying we're all too lazy to run by a drug store or Target or go dowm one extra aisle to get some epsom salt, when a regular working person already stops by these places several times a week. Have fun living with your parents until they finally stop providing for your lazy ass.

14. Hello, buddy! :wave:

Welcome to the city. Hopefully these silly replies haven't scared you out of the city!

:smoking:

Anyways, don't know if your questions were answered or not. But I will go ahead and answer to the best of my knowledge.

:bongin:

Best way to pack it? Hmmm.. Not too sure about this question. It all depends on personal preference.. I'm assuming you don't have a grinder? Which is not at all needed. Lots of people would argue that a grinder isn't a good thing for your weed. Pack it up! Load enough that will get you high. Tap on the side of the pipe to get the herb packed in.. Lightly will do just fine.

A sploof without dryer sheets? Well, that doesn't make it a sploof now does it? :p Dryer sheets are easily attainable. If you can get rolls of toilet paper, you should be able to get dryer sheets. If money is the problem, then you don't have money to be smoking.

The best way to clean your pipe will be getting a sandwich bag. Preferably the ones that zip close.. or "snap" close. Fill it up with 97%, or more, of ISO alcohol. These will usually say "Antiseptic" or "First aid". Add salt, the salt acts as an abrasive while the ISO cleans the pipe.

An air tight medicine bottle is alright.. but an air tight jar or glass would work a lot better.

;)

15. Reading through the comments..

Yes. You can TOTALLY just use table salt. Nothing fancy. We're talking about a $4 (including sandwich bags) cleaning solution. AT MOST.

16. Epsom salt may work a bit better, but table salt is fine too.

Salt is not soluble in alcohol so unless you're adding water or using really diluted isopropyl, it's not going to dissolve into mush.

17. yes i usually dilute it a little to conserve and because i fucking hate the fumes/smell of rubbing alcohol

18. Well then you're just helping your salt to dissolve and making the isopropyl less effective.

Though I do like how you were getting on that dudes ass for using table salt instead of epsom salt while you're adding water to your isopropyl.

19. Sea salt Bitches!!!
    Never really thought about the Epsom salt. Maybe next time I'm in the store... If I remember.
    I just use 91% alcohol because its cheaper and I think you have to order the 99% not really sure, never needed any.

20. You don't have to order the 99%, it's just harder to find.

I think I got it at Walmart, but I can't remember for sure. Sometimes Fred Meyer (Kroger) has it too.