New soil

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Fupaslayer09, Jul 3, 2017.

1. i got some burpee eco friendly organic garden coir: it says it's a substainable and renewable soil amendment made from coconut fiber. So my real question is does it have plant food like nitrogen phosphorus or phosphate or is it a good seed starter?, etc.

2. Coco Coir is great for everything, but nutrients must be added to it as it comes inert.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

3. Awesome just what I want thanks for the clarity

4. Coco should be pre- charged before you use it, and it is a good seed starter. Just remember that coco is hydroponics and should not be treated like soil - never just use water - always feed with nutes. I feed daily from when it sprouts, and twice a day during flower - never let coco dry out like soil.

5. Should coco be mixed 50/50 with perlite or can you use just coco

6. I mix 50/50 for my 1ltr propagation pots, then I do a 70/30 coco/perlite in my final 9ltr pot. People do use just coco with good success - I just prefer mixing in perlite for added oxygen.

7. What does pre charged mean

8. Pre-charging is saturating the coco with either 1/4 strength nutes like I do, or some people pre charge with cal-mag to increase the amount of calcium and magnesium.

9. Oh it's to late for that I got 5 day old sprouts that I been giving nutes for last 3 days . Also is salt build up bad in 80% coco 20%perlite?

10. Salt build up only occurs in coco if you don't feed to run off.