New shows

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by StephSmokes420, Feb 25, 2013.

1. So I pretty much have watched reruns of all my favorite shows and now I'm trying to find some more new shows to watch. I LOVEEEE Parks & Recreation, 30 Rock, and the old Office with Steve Carrell (Michael Scott) and I watch crime shows.

I saw a commercial for The Mindy Project today and Seth Rogan was on it. Has anyone watched this/is it good and worth watching? And I also saw a preview for a show New Girls or something with Zoey Deschannel but idk what it's about or if its even interesting. I've only seen like 2 or 3 movies she's in. Anyways any suggestions of things I'd like? Especially if its on Netflix instant.

2. the increasingly poor decisions of todd margret

3. I'm gonna check it out. Isn't he a comedian? Like stand up? I've watched alot of stand up on Netflix.

Edit: nevermind I was thinking of Todd Glass. Idk if he's good either though.

4. idk I just watched first episode last night gonna watch another soon :smoke:

5. If you've never watched it, you NEED to watch Arrested Development. Hands down one of the funniest, most brilliantly written series of all time. I've watched it all the way through at least eight times, and I catch new things each time.

You would most likely enjoy Doctor Who as well. Both shows are on Netflix.

6. Isn't there an old and a new Doctor Who?

7. #7 Jazzyj, Feb 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2013
    Yep! The new series began in 2005, and it's all on Netflix. The original series ran from the sixties through most of the 80's, and there are a decent amount of the original episodes on Netflix as well.

I would recommend starting with the new series.

Also on Netflix and worth watching

Reno 911
    Little Britain
    Trailer Park Boys
    Always Sunny in Philadelphia
    Wilfred
    The X-Files
    Firefly

8. Thanks for the suggestions I've always wanted to check out Always Sunny

9. Good call! It's hilarious.

I can't emphasize Arrested Development enough. Even more so, because after years and years of being off the air, Netflix will begin to exclusively broadcast 14 new episodes of the show starting in May. If you're debating what to start with, watch Arrested Development.

10. I definitely do that now. Lol. It's been on my recommended for a while. I just kept rewatching stuff in my comfort zone. :p

11. Well, you're partially right. The star of the show is David Cross, who is indeed a standup comedian. And a damn fine one at that. He's one of my top 5 standup comedians for sure.

David Cross is also in an hilarious show called Arrested Development. The series is available on Netflix with a new season as a Netflix exclusive coming very soon (next month maybe?).

Also if you're looking for something hilarious on Netflix to watch, then check out Archer. It is the funniest new TV show of the last few years and I could almost guarantee that you will love it. It's wit is sharp as a razor.

Also check out Workaholics. Them dudes sure do love their weed.

12. [quote name='"travilanche"']

Well, you're partially right. The star of the show is David Cross, who is indeed a standup comedian. And a damn fine one at that. He's one of my top 5 standup comedians for sure.

David Cross is also in an hilarious show called Arrested Development. The series is available on Netflix with a new season as a Netflix exclusive coming very soon (next month maybe?).

Also if you're looking for something hilarious on Netflix to watch, then check out Archer. It is the funniest new TV show of the last few years and I could almost guarantee that you will love it. It's wit is sharp as a razor.

Also check out Workaholics. Them dudes sure do love their weed.[/quote]

Fuck yea david cross

Poor decisions is top shelf same with arrested development

13. I'll check it out. Since I started this thread Ive watched Aziz's and Louis CK's new stand ups and a show called Comedy Bang Bang!

I highly recommend them to everyone!

All were super hilarious. I'm heading to the beach tomorrow, it'll be a long ride so I'll check out Arrested Developement.

14. [quote name='"StephSmokes420"']

I'll check it out. Since I started this thread Ive watched Aziz's and Louis CK's new stand ups and a show called Comedy Bang Bang!

I highly recommend them to everyone!

All were super hilarious. I'm heading to the beach tomorrow, it'll be a long ride so I'll check out Arrested Developement.[/quote]

Yea just finishes comedy bang bang, pretty fuckin funny

15. If you like Louie C K. Check out Louie and he had a sitcom on HBO called lucky Louie. It was honestly the best sitcom I've ever seen, its fucking hilarious. Unfortunately I don't think lucky Louie is on Netflix though. I also recommend arrested development, the league, workaholics, Wilfred, white collar, weeds, psych and survivor man. Fuck I watch too much TV :laughing:

16. Hell yeah. :smoking:
    Arrested Development, Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Workaholics, Archer, 30 Rock, Community, Louie, Wilfred, Flight of the Conchords, Trailer Park Boys...

17. Haha don't worry I do too! Survivor Man is awesome. I've seen all the Louie on Netflix. Lucky Louie isn't one there sadly.

Has anyone heard any word on the new Sarah Silverman show that's supposed to come on air soon?

18. 30 Rock is one of my absolute favorites! Sadly, it ended a few weeks ago. I'm pretty sure this will be the last season of Parks & Recreation too.
    Oh and Flight of the Concords is hilarious. Hiphopopotomous!

19. Since for some reason no one suggested this, and I feel like its DEFINITELY WORTH WATCHING if someone were to happen upon this thread later...watch PORTLANDIA. It's amazingggg.

20. Haha, I love that show but I'm always a bit wary of recommending it because I'm not sure if it's as funny to people who aren't from the Portland area. :smoking: