New setup.... thoughts?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by weedisgood4433, Oct 26, 2008.

1. After much thought I have changed my mind again today about my indoor grow setup. Starting up is indeed a pain in the ass. I canceled my order at stealthhydroponics.com, This is now what I am doing. I am buying a 35x30x19 storage cabinet from home depot that one of the other forum members had used for around 70 dollars. I am then going to take 3 65 watt CFLs, and mount 1 on the lid, and one on each side and mount them in then storage container housing them in reflective hoods. I am caulking or weatherstripping all the seams in the cabinet as I heard light seaping out is an issue. I am then covering all walls in mylar (other side of wrapping paper) I have bought two 4 inch 80 mm PC fans one will be placed on top of the lid for output and one on the side for input. I am wiring these up to two dewalt drill chargers (very very simple) I then will plant my seeds in a simple hydro set up for, four plants. Any body see any flaws in my plan? will post picks when its done, prob not for another week or so. I will also seal around all lights with either caulk or duct tape from the outside.

2. I might have missed something,but....

Your using a Hydroponic setup in your cabinet? Will your resevoir be inside?

Also Im not sure that will be enough light for 4 plants. I guess your just switching the light temp of your CFLs for flowering, and thats what especially concerns me. With only 3 65 watt CFL's your flowers might not produce very much for you.

It sounds like your Mind is Made-Up, So Rock-On!

Good Luck.

3. Yes I am putting the resvoir inside the cabinet as I still live with my rents and I kind of need to hide it, plus since I am growing big bud it is fairly short any way. The only thing that was stopping me from adding more CFLs was heat, but I actully read they produce very little heat so I will be adding 1 more cfl up top and 1 more on each side for a total 6 65 watt CFLS. And I will switch them for flowering, veg, etc... so 2700K for flowering and 6500k for vegging, right?