New research shows legalized recreational marijuana a substitute for alcohol, but not tobacco

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by well highdrated, Aug 8, 2019.

1. New research shows legalized recreational marijuana a substitute for alcohol, but not tobacco

New Marketing Science Study Key Takeaways:

R shows once recreational marijuana is legalized, the number of online searches for tobacco increase by 8%, while searches for alcohol drop by 11%.
    The findings could have an implication on sales for the alcohol and tobacco industries.
    The passing of recreational cannabis increases online searches for cannabis done by adults by 17%, but not by youth.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I agree, alcohol sales have dipped across the board in the city I live in.

3. I literally drank everyday all day before taking up cannabis on a daily basis.....now I don't remember when the last time I had a drink was.......

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. That's why the Alcohol lobby were so against legalization.
    They knew it would hurt their bottom line.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Hi shoeracks........nice of you to join us!

6. You welcomed a spambot. They're easy to spot once you know the tell tale signs.

7. Study their post, all the clues are there. See the pattern?

8. Yeah I know...........I was being facetious......:passtheshit:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I drink quite a bit more then normal when I smoke up.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I still drink on occasion prob 1-2x a week but I’m done gettin cross faded just puts me to sleep after makin a fool of myself.

11. I just about quit drinking after I became a dedicated smoker. When I drank, I felt like crap the next day, not so with weed!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I have to laugh, I am not new member, I have been around since early 2017. I just don ‘t speak or contribute, I listen! Mike

• Like Like x 1
  13. In my state, which is surrounded by legal states all around, we r building more and more liquor stores. Hell we even have them right off highway incorporated with a rest area. Wtf!!!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1