New Quantum board qb96 V2's are out from HLG. Cob replacement fixture-Replacement Thread **BS here**

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Or_Gro, Oct 12, 2018.

Tags:
    • Like Like x 1
  1. At my door today[​IMG]
    Nice lights for scratch and dent
    No one scratch or dent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed

• Like Like x 1
  2. I want good emerson effect papers, the stuff I'm finding is cryptic. The maximum absorption for PS1 in far red is 700nm; Cree makes 730nm.
    So... this is what's inside my LED bulb (costs like $5)
    DSCF2145.JPG
    Why not just fuse a couple 5W LEDs (you pick your spectrum) to it? No driver needed; its even got a mini transformer inside built in. Total price? $10 about. Feel good factor? Priceless, especially when you get a lil' zap :D

3. #1425 Or_Gro, Nov 11, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    Beginning with at least two 96s you can laydown the full range of propagation, veg, and flowering intensities upto and beyond 1000ppfd, EVENLY, across multiple standard size tent footprints upto who knows what size.

Running 600-800watts at the wall, between 18-24” above plant tops, with enuff built-in deep red spectrum to create a large 660nm peak, you can evenly spread 1000+ppfd across a 4x4 footprint. This can be done with 4 to 6 boards, at multiple height-wattage combinations between 120-240w/96 and at 18-24”. This is state-of-the-art capability, in a small, reasonably-priced package.

Imo, almost any tent owner, would be happy with these lights...pop a couple dozen far reds in there with them and some co2, and a good grower with the right strains could get 2g/watt easy, close to 3-4 lbs.

Here are the last set of maps that i plan on making; these for six 96s:

41DF189E-5614-4A39-B815-4808C028CA66.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  4. Kick some ass now, will ya!

• Like Like x 1
  5. #1427 Or_Gro, Nov 11, 2018
    You’re getting too technical for me... if you haven’t done so, check out “the far red” thread on rollitup, you’ll figure out who can answer your questions...btw, for fr, strips are the answer...

• Like Like x 1
  6. It’s the original shipment lmfao
    Now I have two supplies and you guessed it Hlg on the way

@ I love growing weed

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Now you’ll have to move to a bigger place....

8. A young girl knocked on the door
    “They delivered this to the wrong address”
    Well hello there. I’m gonna pay for them

@ I love growing weed

• Like Like x 2
  9. will do thx.

the strips... remember there's still a video at the bottom shows you how to make them. The board is nice... just not confident about the nm. More research. Ushoni has some 700nm i think i may just tack some on the light bulb and see what happens.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Start with posts in past month, randomblame addressed this recently somewhere. There are various combos of deep red and far red that enhance photosynthesis: 660:730 is a common one, due to diode availability....

11. Thanks for doing all the leg work man .. greatly appreciated.. if you consider the cost savings of not having to buy 2 hlg 35. This is a killer deal.. and if you run 6 at a lower wattage you can prolly save on cooling especially if you place the drivers outside of the tent.... too bad I just built 4 qb 288...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Day 40 since flip. These qb96's are causing some massive early development. This is a 9-10 week strain and that's not from day of flip usually. Subtract a week at least for flower initiation. Basically half done. I can't imagine what these are going to look like at 9 weeks. IMG_1104.JPG IMG_1105.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. The hlg 18/35 is built for emerson effect: i have 4 of them running with eight 288s, the diodes are made by lumiled, here is their arrangement on a single strip:
    07310AD5-78A3-48FC-8502-24B9F7520B41.jpeg

Here is rapidled’s version, specific diodes mentioned in description: Emerson Effect Booster Board

• Like Like x 2
  14. Going to need more support by next week probably Already have 10 or so bamboo shoots in there.

• Like Like x 1
  15. OK, will look for a thread. I was glancing over the rollitup thread, still a lot of anecdotal evidence. A lot of the diodes were not available before. There are 680 and 700s now. The only reason I am saying this is because I was going to buy a couple of the boards, and just doing a little bit more reading, learning... sharing... making more tangents in your thread :D
    fun times. I like the boards too, they are nice compact integrated... its the wavelengths man.
    Imma go read and order some chips !

16. Thanks man, happy growing!

• Like Like x 1
  17. #1439 Or_Gro, Nov 11, 2018
    That’s fucking ridiculous!

Better get some cranes in there...

• Like Like x 2
  18. Go for it man. Maybe you’ll come up with another kickass combo... keep us informed...