New Quantum board qb96 V2's are out from HLG. Cob replacement fixture-Replacement Thread **BS here**

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Or_Gro, Oct 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. They have wiring blueprints on HLG website.

2. Hey guys
    I’ve been insanely busy the last several weeks. I finally found some time to
    Build a light bar and wire up 4 QB 96’s. I’m not great at wiring stuff up. But I believe I did this correct.
    I will post pictures and can you guys let me know if it looks right?

so I took two lights and wired positive to positive with a 3 way wago. I wired negative to negative

the other two lights I did the exact same thing.

the meanwell driver is a 600h. It has two sets of positives and two sets of negatives. Do I just wire one side to my positive/negative lights and the other side to the other set of lights? On the dimmer wiring it has 3 wires. But my dimmer only has two wires. The yellow wire says +5. Which I didn’t wire up to the dimmer. Do I need to do something with the yellow wire that says +5?

I also wired up the plug. Man these foreign colors on the meanwell and on the cord have thrown me off big time. I looked up the colors and I believe everything is correct. I’d appreciate any tips or suggestions

i just wired up a new outlet for the grow tent. My grow tent is about 10’ from my breaker box. So the grow room lights, fans, dehumidifier etc...will be on it’s own breaker. Rather than using an extension cord to reach the grow tent. The nearest outlet was 20’ from the grow tent. So I figure I better wire up an outlet next to it.

Attached Files:

3. Got them wired up and going. WOW! They are insanely bright. 480 watt king bright light on the left side. The qb 96’s are 600 watts. Little hydro mars light is around 125.

Thanks for the ones who helped out with these. I’ve learned a lot! The next 4 I buy/set up will be a breeze.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  4. Hello,
    In recently splurged on some black friday sales and will be running 3 qb 96 though a HLG-480H-54a in my 2x4x6 tent. What is the best spacing when hanging for an even spread? I've searched but none of the pictures seem to be loading for me anymore. Thank you!

Indoor organic

5. Shit with three 96s in a 4×2 you could just eyeball it and be more than good,lol.

• Like Like x 1
  6. IMO, that's too much power for the space, like twice as much as you need. Personally I'd put one QB in the center, and then each of the other two around 18 inches off center.

• Like Like x 1
  7. The $30 Dr Lux meter is a great tool for mixing hlg. The bleed is almost impossible to see. Where 2 overlap can be too intense. You may find raising the middle may even things out, since individual dimming is not possible with one driver on all 3.

• Like Like x 1
  8. For sure too much maxed out. I have a spare room opening up this summer and bought with an eye towards the inevitable expansion. I am excited to push the limits of the 2x4 while I wait though. Gonna start around 300w and work my up until things go wrong.

9. I run 6 OB96's in a 4x4 space, and I see certain strains get stressed when I go above 500watts. 480w in a 4x4 is the sweet spot for me.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hey guys, got some 96s getting ready to wire up

Can't find 300v rated wire tho, only 600v rated 18/1 awg solid copper. I'm guessing 600v is fine also? just want to double check..

11. Yes its fine

12. Man last time I added more light my plants went nuts. Ph rose like crazy. Slowly do it. Especially if u have dimmers. I use cmh so shit now im going to see if mine can be dimmed

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. What do u guys like as far as these little bar lights. Like the hlg sabers? My thoughts are i can use a little extra light to go with my 2 hort 315s. My room is 6x8x9 and I'm sure I will i will plant too much. Used to being outside! My kids been using those fluence spiders and all for years. I may try to veg with them. Hell u could veg babies in a closet if I needed more room??

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. thanks Sc00b!

15. I hooked up a dimmer to my 600h driver and it doesn't dim

can anyone help me out? there's 3 wires coming off the driver. brown, red, and yellow.

the actual dimmer only has two wires.
    I hooked the red to red and the brown to brown. The dimmer will shut the lights off but it won't dim them.
    I hooked the yellow wire up to the positive side thinking that's what I needed to do, but that didn't do anything. Do I need to hook the yellow wire up to the ground wire?

The yellow wire says +5 where it comes out of the driver next to the brown and red wires. They are all 3 together.

16. I think you need a PWM dimmer for that one, not sure.

17. #3178 Chillindylan, Dec 14, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    edited out the ignorance im my reply. Nothing was left

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. No that's not how dimming works with these drivers, please don't guess when it comes to wiring electricity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. You're right, edited. Looking back at his previous posts it looks like he has a type a. Can those have an external potentiometer wired in? I've always just used a Phillips screwdriver on the built in.