New QB ideas

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by PorcupineTree, Aug 15, 2018.

1. I was just thinking, wouldn't it be better if they created a board like the qb288, with around 300 diodes, but the board would be made of thicker aluminum or PCB and about 18in by 18in, or 24in X 12in or something like that, therefore, not requiring a heatsink because the diodes are farther apart and the material is thicker, like on the qb132 or qb120 boards. You would get better coverage than the 288 and wouldn't require heatsinks. Seems like that would be the perfect board. I wonder why they haven't made something like that? You would think they would be concentrating on making boards that don't require heatsinks. Heatsinks are just a pain in the ass. Yes, the boards would be a little more expensive but since you wouldn't have to add a heatsink, it would be cheaper overall. Too bad I don't have the funds to start my own company. It would be a sure profit maker. Look at how these boards are constantly going out of stock all the time.

2. simple.... go to Alibaba, tell one of the lighting companies what you want them to design and make for you and they will.... a lot of the guys here have had them custom design and make custom boards.
    and look at their spec on their sites, they give you spec ranges they can build...such as board thickness, number of diodes, etc... all the things you mentioned. than just tell them the quantity you want them to build :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. The reason that board doesn't exist is the cost spike when you have a larger piece of aluminum. So you would be better off buying several 12 or 24 inch by 1 inch led strips and fastening them to your own aluminum sheet.

Or get adhesive strips of leds, they are great and very affordable.

Honestly there are unlimited options.

• Like Like x 1
  4. You know, it's funny. A few weeks ago I got it in my head that I was going to do that Alibaba thing. I started a couple of threads asking questions about it and it seems like everybody was like, "don't do it, they send you fake shit!" so, I got concerned about it and decided to just get hlg boards from Amazon. Now, it seems like everyone's ALL FOR Alibaba. Now it's the greatest thing since sliced bread! ( I know this is all really just a result of my perception of things depending on my situation)