New Project Ideas

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by sledge20, Jul 28, 2012.

1. #61 lov4led, Jul 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2012
    not to be a dick or anything but you make yourself look pretty stupid here....i mean if you knew anything about plants you would know lummens means NOTHING its only the brightness of the light that we see....PAR (Photosynthetically Active Radiation) is what you need to look for when your talking plants .....maybe you need to catch up on your reading.....

And i got one question for HID growers would u grow with a green spectrum bulb?

2. Dude, i can tell u never grown shit in your life exept for a pussy u call ur manhood!! Hahaha! Troll:p

3. In other words led suck! There only good for vegging the shit outta ur buds.:(

4. lumens mean nothing huh.. new to me.. ive grown for almost half of my life and i do know a thing or 2 about plants and even more about electronics. of course the amount of usable light is put into perspective when paying attention to how many lumens a light puts out. the green spectrum is un usable for plants. if you have 100k lumens of usable light compared to 50k lumens of usable light...there is a difference. dont say there isnt lol or that lumens dont mean anything. wattage means nothing when comparing light intensity.

there's a reason people use hids... its to penetrate thick canopies for large gardens and grow larger plants. if you are growing using a sog or scrog method to have short little plants a led would be fine. idk what the op plans on growing or how, just know he has a small area where heat would become an issue so hid's are out of the question. so i suggest cfls because he also says hes on a budget. leds cost more than hids usually 2x more for something they say is equivalent to a hid, and way way more than cfls and same results can be achieved with cfls.

imo you cant compare leds and hids, only because leds vary so much. you can have the leds be driven to their potential and they dont last long, or you can double the amount of diodes used and drive them at half intensity for equivalent wattage rating to fool newbie growers into buying them. when in actuality they seem just as bright but the light is more spread out. the angle of the lens on the diode also plays a huge role. think of it this way... if you have 1 1kw hid would it be equivalent to 2 1kw hids ran at half intensity ...doubt it even comes close.

5. So in short what we inteligent people are telling u noobs is that leds suck!:D

6. So cfls it is! Lets just take these noobs to school!

7. the only good thing about cfls is that they can be moved very close to the bud sites. they still lack the intensity to grow a larger plant unless you have multiple cfls. ive had a 125watt cfl on for about 6 months straight 24/7 and i can grab the bulb so heat isnt a problem with them either. just an idea, if you want to save ur money. to save a few dollars on an electric bill its going to take years of growing in that small area to make it worth the initial cost of a led.

just my 2c...take it or leave it

8. Yo! Panda knows his shit, and can take good advice unlike these little f@gs!

9. #69 lov4led, Jul 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2012

10. you make yourself look like a total idiot...... you say panda knows his shit and that you are also so smart but i havent heard one smart remark come outta ur mouth maybe you should pick up a book...or maybe go back to school and learn something

PSi see no proof that you know anything of plants or growing just that u like to goto threads and say Hid is better duurrr DA Durrr and its the only way to grow bud.......

"Traditionally, lumens have been the benchmark of a lamps ability to grow plants; meaning the brighter the lamp the better the plant. However, studies have shown that a broader color spectrum lamp will perform much better than a lamp with high lumen output, especially when it comes to plant growth."

o wait so that means if your not picking the right wavelengths for your plant(s) that ur wasting alot on HPS(high lumen output) ...this is where LED's shine .....

so i guess what i have to say is have fun looking stupid and using a bunch of useless spectrums just because ur light penetrates more

and panda why do you keep making remarks about shitty LED's when he is getting and Advanced LED Ds-100 series which is top of the line LED(3 yr warranty and 90 free trial) and also is 100% USA MADE

11. Panda, I apprechiate your input. Yet, I am still leaning far toward the DS-100 advanced lcd. Lumens although are used mostly to measure the output of visible light. Which as most know is not necisarily what the plants need. What do you think of the DS-100's? 3 Year guarantees, almost 90% 5 star ratings definetly count in heavily on the quality of these lights.

12. Ok sure led is better but only if ur gonna grow in small space because of heat, but u can acomplish the same with cfl, now cost wise i would go with cfl but if u got a somewhat bigger grow room and ur gonna grow plants that give 1/2 lb or more i would defenetly get hps lights. So there u have it from a real grower to all u future growers and some wanna bs. Lol. so panda does know his shit!

13. Well hellmutt, I am growing in a small space, where heat is an issue. I'm sure panda does know his shit, but you're still absolotely useless.

14. And do NOT call me a "future grower". I have grown before, with great success. Asshole

15. Well i wasnt calling u a future grower, i was calling u a wanna b, cus if u grew in the past u woulnt be asking all these noob questions and beliving all that hype about leds, ure not gonna do shit but vegg the shitt outta ur plants, and if u think that u can grow anything on that small budget just the led alone is gonna run a few hundred dollars. Ure a lame and better start rethinking growing at all, its just gonna b a waste of ur hard earned money, wich is just ashtray money to me! Hahaha! Lol ure a dumb ass!

16. The only questions I have are about lighting, and the only things I believe, are those things that I have seen through photographic evidence, and reliable resources. And although I hate repeating myself

1.) Read a book
    2.) Get better English skills
    3.) Go fuck yourself.

17. Good luck on ur grow, hahaha!! Ure so smart! Hahaha!