New Product

Discussion in 'General' started by 420gitrdone, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Hey guys i need your help. I need you to come up with a sick name for my new product. It is a temperature controlled pillow where you can make it cool or you can make it warm and set it to whatever setting you want. The name i came up with is Tempillow but maybe you guys can come up with something better?

2. Better patent that shit before someone steals your idea. I know I'd pay like $50 for a pillow that stayed cool.

3. i'd give my life savings for a damn pillow that was unlimitedly cold

4. oh and call it temper-pillow..

5. [quote name='"joebudsmoker059"']Better patent that shit before someone steals your idea. I know I'd pay like $50 for a pillow that stayed cool.[/quote]

Can you patent something before the technology is available?

6. Like a heating pad inside a pillow.

7. Ya but a heating pad would last long and it would have to be able to heat and cool

8. u should have gel that circulates through the pillow.. like those cooling systems for computers that dont have any fans

9. [quote name='"tokerbloker"']u should have gel that circulates through the pillow.. like those cooling systems for computers that dont have any fans[/quote]

They don't use a gel. It's a mixture of anti freeze and water.

10. [quote name='"tokerbloker"']u should have gel that circulates through the pillow.. like those cooling systems for computers that dont have any fans[/quote]

I think your onto something. Now about that heating and being able to change tempetature....

11. why would u ever want to heat it up?

12. You could just buy the Chillow pillow.

13. [quote name='"tokerbloker"']why would u ever want to heat it up?[/quote]

Believe it or not some people like warm pillows.

14. [quote name='"Mantikore"']You could just buy the Chillow pillow.[/quote]

Lol im not trying to buy the product. Its just my product idea for a marketing class.

15. I'd stick to one or the other. Two separate systems for heating and cooling double the chance of tech failure. Plus the two independent systems could damage each other. I also don't know how you'd be able to set a temp. As far as I know, there's really no way to produce this cold effect.

Now you could certainly develop basically a pillow with a heating pad inside it, or a pillow made of material that readily absorbs heat, at a higher rate than the traditional cotton stuffing, making you cooler. But the pillow itself wouldn't feel cool.

It's just a really complicated idea. But if you figured out how to make it work. For a name....idk how 'bout The Kelvin?

16. TempurCool Thermostatic Pillow

17. Considering it costs a minimum of $4,000 after the lawyers to patent something.... You better hope I don't develop and patent this first ;)

You don't share ideas. Haha

18. Lol some people are just to fried to understand that im not making or planning on making this product. Its just an idea for a product for my marketing class.

19. just tossing this out there, the idea is good, but is it really practical?

I mean to run some sort of cooling liquid inside you pillow is going to make it fucking uncomfortable to sleep on.

Op look into fabrics that don't hold heat, therefore your pillow never warms up.