New plants need advice, rabbits, and pictures.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Arahant, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Hi everyone,

Going to be growing some outdoor weed again this year, I grew some kandy kush and some other kush last year, just 2 plants, they did ok, didnt get huge but not bad for first time.

This year I'v started early and got some seeds going. I started 2 grand purple daddies non feminized and their a decent size now. I dont know what sex they are and im keeping an eye on them, will they show their sex before flowering? or do i not have to worry untill flowering time? Id obviously like to know before then as thats a long ways to wait taking care of a plant only for one or both to be males. That being said im worried about putting it into a room with reduced light to force it to flower early so i know the sex, as that will obviously stunt the growth right? I'm planning on using one or both as Mothers for cuttings.

I also bought some new seeds and im super excited about them growing big and giving me alot of different kinds of pot!

So the seeds i bought are:
    1x Bomb Berry
    1x cheese wreck
    1x Super lemon haze
    1x AK-48/Nirvana
    1x Ice Kush
    1x Kandy Kush
    1x Acapulco Gold
    2x Barney's Pineapple Chunk

When i got the package, there was some damage to some of the seeds, iv ordered from this company before and i feel like the packaging was good, i think the seeds were just messed up before, then again the fragments were in the baggy with the seed so maby it happened in transit. Anways the berry bomb cracked and i knew for sure it was no good, and the ice kush had like some of the skin had scrapped off abit.

I was abit worried how the supplier would act when i said that the seeds were in bad condition, so i just asked for him to replace the berry bomb and said i would take my chances with the ice kush, in retrospect i wish i had asked for replacesments for both but, they said they would send me a replacement for the berry bomb so im waiting on that.

So i germinated 1x SLH, 1x Acapulco,1x cheese wreck, and 1x pineapple chunk, aswell as tried to germinate both the damaged seeds and they both failed.

I'v been having this problem and i dont know what it is, it killed my acapulco, and it also killed a kandy kush seedling that i germinated before everything, that i had left over from last year, which is what caused me to order a bunch of new seeds as i planned to make cuttings from that one plant.

This problem has also affected other plants not just pot, i have a bunch of watermellon plants i have been growing from seed, growing in cups around the house, they are doing well for the most part, but every once in a while one of the plants will just suddenly wilt over, and dry up and died, pretty much over night. When it happened to my kandy kush my Gran daddy purps were beside it and were unaffected. When it happend to my acapulco same thing, was beside other seedlings and the rest were fine.

It also happened to a couple of my watermellon plants, but instead of those dieing, they were already pretty big and not super young, and had a couple different shoots so to speak, so one of the shoots just wilted and dried up abit, but because the rest of the plant was fine, it eventual recovered. I DONT KNOW WHATS GOING ON, but definately really concerned for my young seedling plants that havn't gotten very big, if any of them have this problem they will die.

I suspect its a bug of some sort biting them, all my plants are close or under windows where bugs sometimes collect, i have clear bug tape traps in the window so there isnt alot of stuff moving around the plants, they get trapped really quickly but i dont know what else it could be.

Another problem im having, which isnt a huge deal but im not 100% sure what to do about it, is my seedlings arn't growing straight up, they are all kinda laying on their sides, they are pretty tall and i should put some more soil to top it up and prop them up, but i have a feeling that wont help for very long.

Im thinking once their stems get abit thicker, i'll put them in larger pots and try and bury some of the stem to prop them up or whatever, I'd love to hear some advice from other people though on what they've done or what they think i should do. These plants i intend to make mother plants, otherwise id be more then happy to keep them like they are as i intend to train the cuttings/plants anyways.

In the picture, right one is cheese wreck, middle is pineapple, left is super lemon haze, OH MAN I CAN"T WAIT!

In the other pic is my two Gran daddy purps, i had the seeds left over from last year, they are obviously getting to big for their containers, im going to put them into new containers today, will post those pics later. They both look nice and healthy, in this picture they are kinda droppy but i watered them and they perked back up.

One thing thats interesting and that im really looking forward to how it turns out is, I have rabbits that i raise/breed for meat, well i just started to do that, got them a couple months ago. And so i'v been putting their manure/rabbit pellets in the soil of the cups, and im gonna put it into the big containers for them, mixed with soil. I'm really excited as iv heard/read alot of really good things about using rabbit poop for fertilizer/soil amendments.

Even from just 5 rabbits there is tons of rabbit poop that i can use as much as i need, im going to be mixing it pretty much 1/3 to 1/2 poop to soil ratio, I'v read of some people using 100% poop with no problems.

When i eventualy getting cuttings from all the mother plants, and they get big enough to plant in the ground, i will likely fill the area in the ground with rabbit poop to. I might use the bucket/rubbermaid in the ground idea as that seems like a good way to go.

Sorry for LONG post, thanks for reading, hopeing some people can give me som encouragement and advice, thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also some pictures of my rabbits for your viewing pleasure.

[​IMG]

This white one is my buck, he's very aggresive and always wheezes/moans at me when i put my hand in the cage, he'll swipe he little hands at me to, which is cute but if you look close at some of these pictures, you might see their claws which are actualy very large and probably not something you wanna mess with.
    [​IMG]

Next one is the nicest/gentlest one i have, not very scared, and is nice to me
    from the beginning, i think its a female.
    [​IMG]

This is same one as first picture, very big, i was told by previous owner a couple of them are 25lbs, i havn't weighed them yet though.
    [​IMG]

Last picture is the other two big ones, one on the right is a flemish giant, and the one on the left is a belgium, really good looking rabbit, has a kinda wild look to it, is the most nervous/skittish.

[​IMG]

Rabbit pictures are abit off topic but, i find the best threads are ones with some decent pictures so, hope you guys liked them!

2. they are seriously crying out for light. that's y they are so long and spindly. humidity could be a factor in why they are so droopy. could try some light stress on the stem (bending) to make those stems thicken up. they look good other than that though. hope they turn a potent yield for you

3. oh, and as for the bunnies. ummm cute. my neighbor breeds them and has dozens of em so maybe a little desensitized to their cuteness

4. More light

Soil needs more aeration...aka perlite.

Water less.

Rabbit shit rocks.....neighbor grows em, she prolly skins a dozen a week(she has got a lot of rabbits). So I get lots of rabbit shit.