new plant, new grower

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by texastrat, Jun 22, 2009.

1. To start off, a seed my son obviously discarded out the back door yielded a plant. Here we are 5 months later and the plant is about 4 1/2 - 5 ft tall.

I smoked a long time ago, and am not opposed to it at all. It is interesting to me about the plant, so I let it grow.

It hasnt done anything LOL!!!

here are some pics and maybe someone can tell me whats what in my new world of farming. I only have the 1 plant. grown in outdoor soil, sunlight, rain, all the natural stuff, etc etc. It just started, and I let it do its thing. it has large broad leaves, little white flower shoots. sorry about the pics they were the best i could get with my crappy digital cam...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Am I waiting for something that is not going to happen here? Is this something that I need to put more effort into? I have done nothing with the plant since it started growing.

Thanks alot.

2. by reading a few articles here, i am assuming this is a male, with no positive outcome to look forward to... right?

3. yep thats a male. pretty much useless. but what it does show is that your conditions will grow cannabis. good luck; i'd get more seeds. maybe feminised seeds. whack them in and grow yourself some sensi

Budbaron

4. Thanks for the input Budbaron.

I think one of the things that helped it grow so well is that the white cover next to it above the AC unit is a dryer vent. I took these pics standing out my back door lol. Do you think in addition to the climate conditions, the warm, moist air from dryer had anything to do with its growth? Or is that just being naive?

Next planting, should I use the fertilizer blends I have seen people talk about you can get from Lowes or Home Depot? Or should I just "let it be" like i did this one? You cant see it in the pics, but I am set in a fairly large wooded area around my home, so I dont have a problem with anyone seeing my plant.

5. #5 Budbaron, Jun 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2009
    "Do you think in addition to the climate conditions, the warm, moist air from dryer had anything to do with its growth? Or is that just being naive?"

well depend on the conditions where you live. if the area is usually very cold and you put it next to the dryer then yes it might effect the plants growth by supplying it with warmer than normal air. obviously if you live in a more temperate zone where weed can grow freely; wouldn't make a blind bit of difference.

"Next planting, should I use the fertilizer blends I have seen people talk about you can get from Lowes or Home Depot? Or should I just "let it be" like i did this one?"

take advice on this from an outdoor grower but IMO i wouldnt worry too much with expensive nutes. i dont know the shops with which you refer so cant say. your Male didn't look unhealthy! it grew. so just plant a few feminised beans and see how it goes. do a journal in the outdoor growing section.
    There is a wealth of information which you can acquire through a journal. think of all those experienced outdoor growers.

Once again; good luck with your future project. i look forward to your journal. and welcome to GC

Budbaron