New piece: Bong Or Vape?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Dkelly96, Dec 9, 2013.

Been smoking for about 6 months or so now, looking to get a new "High Quality" piece. I enjoy bongs more than anything else, the high is more intense, it's more enjoyable to hit (much more exciting & hands on, compared to a basic pipe, bowl, or joint). However I have about $200 - $300 to spare out for a new GOOD piece. I've never even seen a vaporizer, but after doing a good amount of research it seems as though most people swear by them. About 80% of the time I smoke, I like to get FUUUCKED UP. Can a good vaporizer deliver this? I believe I read somewhere a while back that vaporizers struggle to give you intense highs that only bongs can give... Also, is the amount of bud saved by vapes that noticeable? Usually 1 dimebag will last one night between me & 1 frien (Mids, East coast mids... so not the best at all.)

I've basically narrowed it down to two pieces, one bong & one vaporizer.

BONG: http://www.grasscity.com/us_en/brands/pure-glass/pure-glass-classic-beaker-and-straight-tubes/pure-glass-classic-5018-beaker-base-tube-18-inch-50mm-frosted.html#.UqUqySqF9lc

Vaporizer: http://arizer.com/store/en/arizer-heaters/21-aroma-arizer-extreme-q-heater.html

With the information provided, what do you think would be the better purchase overall?

Thanks!  :bongin:

I vaporize through my bong.  Best of both worlds.

3. Invest in a vape first IMO, you can get a 50 dollar bong on sale that can rival anything near 200 dollars, just gotta go searching around local headshops or the internet.

I have the extreme q myself and its a fantastic desktop vape. The high is different, but if you vape at a high temp you can get milk rips. Also heard vapor bonging is amazing, haven't tried it yet myself though

4. Extreme q and then buy yourself a good deal on a bong for your birthday and vape through it

5. Since getting a vape its all I do and smoking is now more of a novelty. That said, I have many friends that are not capable of smoking a vape, wip style at least. the volcano if very easy to use but its very expensive. If youre confident youre not an idiot i would definitely get the buddha vaporizer online for like 150, otherwise just get a nice piece.

6. Being a user of both different devices, I can tell you a vaporizer is definitely something you'd like. I started off using bongs, like most but eventually my brother bought a vape and it definitely preserves more weed in the long run and it's nearly like a different high the first time you use a vape in my opinion.

I always like to use bongs, and like yourself they're probably my favorite method also but if you've never used one before I say buy the vaporizer and maybe do what the majority is saying and buy a bong on sale in the future.

7. I plan to order the vape and get a nice glass bong later down the road, appreciate all the responses. They we're all very helpful! 

8. #8 Grow2dab., Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2013
    If you're are a bong man a vape probably wont cut it. I got an SSV and I love it, flavour is insane gets you super high but it's just not the same as a nice rip through your favourite glass.

I think everyone should have one but maybe you can get the same vape experience from something cheaper and spend the rest on glass?

What I do like about the vape is if you pack a decent bowl and hit it for a while it's real deceptive how stoned you actually are. I've felt fine then as soon as I stood up I struggled to walk, fell over and pissed myself laughing all in a matter of a few seconds..

9. Get the extreme Q, it's a pretty nice vaporizer. You can get a comparable bong for like $60 or $75 so...

10. If you plan on vaporbonging, one of the best vapes for the money is the LSV that will provide you an all glass air and vapor path through your bong.   You can't get that from any of the vapes mentioned in this thread.     The other vape, the Cloud Evo will also provide that same clean vapor path but it's quite a bit more money.

11. Usually vapes are closer to a joint high than a bong high.

However, a Da Vinci Ascent or a good desktop vape with a water pipe adaptor will bring the experience closer and it's easier on your lungs (the major selling point of vapes)

12. do you own a extreme q? Was wondering how it compares, just started vapor bonging and its amazing how big the vapor clouds I can pull through my bong without even a tickle

No, I do not own a Q, but I do know that there are vapes with cleaner air and vapor paths than the Q has either in whip or bag mode.

14. because the fan is on the bottem of the unit? I dont see that as much of a problem unless you never clean or dust your desk, which vape has the best sheer vapor volume production/quality?

15. I'm a bong.com kind of guy, vapes are cute but they just don't get me where I want. Espesh pens. No disrespect to the fellas that swear by them but they just don't do it for me. Plus I get sick of charging the damn thing and reloading it

I'd rather have the incoming air just touch glass rather than flow from under the vape and over the internal electronics, fan blades and stuff.

Regarding which vape has the best vapor production/quality/taste per hit, are you asking which one in the total vaporizer market?   If so, that would be the Sublimator, the VapExhale EVO and.............hmmm.............the LSV.