New PC

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Doc Shox, Mar 5, 2009.

1. I'm picking up my new custom-made gaming PC tomorrow, and I have $60 dollars to spend on games. What do you suggest I get? (It can play pretty much anything, except for games like Crysis and the like)

2. Battle Field 2 all the way

3. i suggest you dont buy games, download them from torrents saves yourself 60$

4. counter strike source. you should be able to run it if your getting a custom comp.

5. Don't get cod4 now, COD4 2 is coming out this fall.

Get orange box and counter strike: source. It should be 60 dollars or less.

6. TF2 and L4D

its all you will need

7. TF2 is part of the orangebox. Much better deal.

Orange box, you'll get 5 games
    -half-life 2
    -episode 2
    -episode 3
    -portal
    -TF2

8. The orange box makes for a good deal. You could also get Fallout 3, Crysis Warhead or Left 4 Dead.

9. Yup most of these guys gave good advice. You should certainly pick up some first person shooters. You could pick up Orange Box and a copy of counter strike source for under 60 bucks. TF2 in the Orange Box is amazing and whoever developed the game continues to do so as they have been releasing periodic character updates with special weapons you can earn if you accomplish certain achievements in the game.

If you want to really put your new technology to the test pick up call of duty 4 or 5. I'm thinking if you can't play Crysis this is a step down so you might have a chance at playing these games? You didn't give your system specs so I'm not sure. Most systems built in the last few years can handle COD.

10. #11 Doc Shox, Mar 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2009
    Alright, thanks guys. I'm gonna go ahead and get Left 4 Dead and F.E.A.R. 2. I borrowed Bioshock (Which plays perfectly on full graphics), F.E.A.R, Prey, Fallout 3, and Jericho from a friend; so I have a pretty respectable collection of games. Thanks, hope to see you fellow TF2 & L4D players online soon. :wave:

11. nice man you picked up some decent games. hope you're enjoying them. If your system can run bio shock then I'm sure you can run just about anything these days. You might have to take the settings down on Crysis but I bet that's an option for you.