New PC Recommendations?

Discussion in 'General' started by BuddhistBrian, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Dud I am telling you for 600$ your better off with a premade.

2. its not a misconception its fact... plus you have the ability to upgrade in the future since brand name PC's lock their bios.

3. im in fort myers so thats not happening. just PM me theres no need for this thread since its pretty much just me and you now lol.

4. Just because the bios are locked doesn't mean you can't add new gear, when i bought my new computer is was from HP for 1500$ I priced it out and I saved like 400$ on the build. I have sense upgraded to 32gb of Ram (3D Video editing) A new soundblaster card. ATI Radeon HD 1gb x2, And when I was ounger and had to hide my stash there is always a prive spot in a empty hardrive slot. Tell you, do you research brit, I think you will save some money.

5. you are talking out of your ass. a really good graphics card is $200 at most. of course thats not top of the line but he's not building a gaming rig.

i suggested this to him CompUSA.com | GA-Z68AP-D3 Bundle | GIGABYTE GA-Z68AP-D3 Thermaltake Barebones Kit

and you dont need a sound card with a good mobo... my computer was worth about $800 when i built it and the prices of hte parts ive used have gone down since then. my friend built one that runs BF3 just as good as mine for $650ish.

6. What ever man, I am just throwing in my two cents. I have worked with computer my whole life and I thing I have a pretty good idea what I am talking about.

7. you can add new gear but you cant overclock. and you wasted money running dual cards. unless your motherboard is a 990fx or higher you're only using 25% of your second card. i made this mistake when i built my computer because i didnt know what i was doing and i was running dual cards with minimal gains. i sold that card and OC'd my processor and im getting the same performance i was getting with the dual cards.

8. and ive priced out many builds and compared them to name brands. a comparable name brand computer to mine would have cost me at least $1500...

9. My cards both can run at 100%, I rarely max them out because I don't run more then 1080p in most instances unless I am rendering a still shot of something. But overclocking is fairly advanced for someone who is really only going to throw 600$ into a computer and is likely new to the "Scene". There is methods of unlocking your bios as well, it just is messier.

10. my mobo has overclock genie and thats what i used because i didnt want to risk overdoing it. i jumped up from 3.2 to 3.7ghz with a push of a button. plus building your own it doesnt come with any shovelware like bought PC's do.

11. I am smoking on you couch right now but tomorrow I will send you mt dixtag file so you can check out my specs. A current computer prebuit, mostly likely not by HP but a more specialized computer company, would cost me around 2000$ but I have put easily 1500$ worth of stuff into it. and it was 1500$ to begin with. I have found unless you are building a rig for something other then gaming it cheeper to buy something already made, saves you time money and a headache.

12. so you spent $3000 on it?

13. i dont understand any of this. whats a computer

14. Yeah and right now I could get it for 2. Makes me wish i just waited, but I need it. With my I7 6-core i get 3,2-3.8 It's an alright increase but most times I can live without it.