New Member - First Grow - Need Help...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by IGotLuv4Bud, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Well, first off, I wanna say Hi... This is my first post... To the real reason why I'm posting though... I started my first grow about two weeks ago... I've got 2 plants... I can't determine when I should switch to the 18 - 6 light schedule for vegetative stage though... So, if somebody could give me a hand, I'd appreciate it... And don't worry, I'm moving to a bigger grow box when the plants get a little larger...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Welcome to GC.

You got some major stretchin goin on there, and looks like yellowing leaves from something. What type of soil are you using, what type of light is it, and how far away is it? Are you checking the PH of the water your using?
    Looks like your light is too far away and not enough of it.

3. first off the lights you are using are fluorescent right you need to move them closer to the plant and what type of soil are you using it may have to much wood in it dont over water your plants either :wave:

4. Alright, That's my mistake... I thought you were supposed to keep moving the light away to make them get bigger... I moved the light closer... And I'm pretty sure I'm not over watering... I just transplanted them into the pot with some miracle grow potting soil... And the PH of the water, I'm not sure, I don't have anything to check it with... But I have been using nothing but bottled water to far...

5. I meant to add that my other hobby is fish keeping... So I have several large aquariums... I could have sworn I read that it was good to water them with old water from the fish tank... I just wanted to check and make sure before I did it...

6. You will most likely have problems with the MG soil...it isn't 100% certain but it has slow release nutes in it which is bad and most plants eventually get sick and die about a week from now. Also, get a gentle fan on that to strengthen up the stem. Just enough of a breeze to make the plant barely wiggle every few seconds. Good Luck!

7. everything he said is true. I started my babies in MG soil and they germinated fine but after a couple of weeks they all started to get yellow spots from nute burn. in

check out my grow and you will see how they look at the beggining.

i

You can get some cheap potting soil at any hardware store and Just use that it will
    be much better than MG soil.

as to when to switch them to 18/6 I like to run them 24/7 for the first month and then switch to 18/6.

also lower your lights till they are 1 inch away and Adjust them everyday.

goodluck
    peace
    wwonka

8. Or better yet, get new soil, repot and bury the stem up to the first true leaves. Even if you use bottled water, once you start the ferts your going to need to check the PH, so why not just get one now before you have problems. Are you going to add more light, you need to, again, spend now have lots more bud later, get an hps light. Oh yeah, get rid of the tinfoil, either get mylar(best) or paint it flat white.