New member, first grow advice

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by daveweagle, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Hello fellow tokers.

I'm new to the forum and wanted to ask a little advice. I grew with a friend once before - in soil using cfl's and not doing anything special - and it showed as we only yielded about 12-14g per plant. The strain in question was nirvana k2.

Now I'm planning to give it another go in the new year, which gives me a couple weeks to get everything I need before the festive season.

Planned space: 80 x 80 x 160 (LxWxH)
    I have been looking around and think the best option would be a properly sealed tent with extraction - don't want the landlord asking questions. I am going to use a 400w Maxibright Digipro Ballast (250w, 400w switch) with Sunmaster Dual Spectrum bulb and Euro shade.

It has to be soil since I have no experience with hydro or aeropoincs. I have been advised to use superoots air pots which I'm still in two minds over. I'm hoping to fit 4 small plants in the area, using feminised seeds and keeping veg times to a minimum.

Now there are a lot of strains out there, and a lot of companies to choose from. Can any growers recommend a strain from experience? Ideally a hardy strain that keeps short and doesn't require too much tlc. Something makes me sceptical about some seed companies strain descriptions! So would like advice from a more experienced grower. Soil mix is also something I've not decided on so any tips there too would be great.

Thanks in advance.