New job

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by dying2live, Mar 22, 2009.

1. So I got a new job at the airport
    I'm a ramp attendant which means I load and unload planes with bags, direct and push planes out... all in all its a pretty good job, with a lot of down time.
    Although, the people I work with are kinda rude, well, not rude, but.. different than me. They are all loud, obnoxious guys who constantly make fun of eachother. Jokingly of course. I'm just a chillin, quiet kinda guy who does the work and than just hangs out in the lunch room, or go eat/smoke.
    They always call me "the new guy" and crack jokes about me to eachother, and ive tried to not let it bother me, but Im just kinda tired of it now, i mean i deal with it but its pretty annoying.
    I'm just trying to see if anyone can offer some advice on how to maybe loosen up and not let this bother me as much and see how you guys view this situtation and how you would handle it...

2. Don't let them compromise who you are.

Roll with the punches. If they are cracking jokes with no intentions of being offensive or disrespectful, I say allow them to carry on. Don't think anything of it. Hell maybe crack some jokes back.

On the other hand, if the jokes are getting to you because of personal reasons then you have every reason to speak up and say something to them about it.

3. yeah, your right.. Ill roll with the punches and try to be a little more talkative. Its just somtimes I feel like i don't fit in.. probably just cuz im new, we'll see how it goes.

4. Just do something absolutely fucking nuts like eat your own shit in front of them. Then those guys will leave you alone.

5. Dude, that happens at every job with the new guy. Just laugh at their jokes, crack a few of your own, and wait for the next new guy so you can crack jokes on him with everyone else.

6. You also have to realize that they have their own clique. You are not in it as of yet. Try to make small talk with them. If you really have no interest of becoming friendly with them, then I would just continue to do my job, and ignore them completely.
    :laughing:

7. I work at a country club and it was the same way until another guy started wokeking here. I just don't see the point in grilling people for how they look and shit they are just dickhead immature kids

8. Keep smiling about it, do a great job and when the next new Dude starts it'll be over for you.

9. invite them over to get fucked up

10. First of all, congratulations with your new job.
    Try to talk to them, crack some jokes back.. You'll loosen up as time passes by! Or you have to wait 'til there's a new guy coming to work there, so they can fuck with him :p