New Job Is Scary

Discussion in 'General' started by cothrantyson, Jun 18, 2014.

1. #1 cothrantyson, Jun 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2014
    I have no idea what is going on. I filled out this application for a job, and then today they call me back. They were like "Are you open right away." And I said "YES." And then they were talking about how I will go to job orientation tomorrow and begin work two days from now. They were just like we'll pay you 20 dollars an hour and this is a full time position that you will be starting two days from now and will continue until the end of august. But the thing is I didn't even do an interview. In fact, I had to go through more work to get a minimum wage job at burger king than this one. I am scared because I don't know what to wear or even how to talk during the job orientation. I think my old roommate stole/shipped all of my pants, and my shorts are all kind of short. What the fuck is going on? Give me some tips on what you would do in this situation and at a "job orientation"

by the way, I'll be in the chicago loop pretty much all day tomorrow, so I say we chicago tokers have a hangout :bongin:

2. whats the job?

3. Wear business casual. Khakis and a button up. They cant get mad for you dressing nice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. dont be dumb. buy some big boy pants at your nearest walmart for the EVERYDAY LOW PRICE ;)

wear those and a button up shirt and a tie. look sharp. won't hurt.

5. Buy some decent clothes or borrow some from a friend. Good Luck.

6. #6 4r5t6y7, Jun 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
    Sounds sketch.  You might wanna wear pants for this one.
    edit: Your short shorts will have to do.  After all, it is summer.

7. Well how can I respond without knowing if your a black male?

8. #8 snoopdog6502, Jun 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2014
    Is it a job sorting turds at a sewage treatment plant ?

By the way, all the corn you can eat for free.

9. Birthday suit is always the answer

10. Is a speedo and glow in the dark body paint out of the question? They might have a surprise rave as part of the orientation. Always gotta be prepared, yo.

11. it's a cult.  be careful.

Make sure he don't leave the boobie tassels at home.

13. OP don't go, you're gonna die. Their going to harvest your organs.

14. This sounds like that movie "a Serbian film".

Don't go!! It ended pretty badly

15. Burger king was pretty easy for me... :( I prepared, learned some back info to turn out I got hired on the spot when I walked in the door lol. Turns out though my manager show me meth rocks every now and then, they are all drugged out lmao.

16. Were you sure to inform them over the phone that you are black? Wouldn't want any surprises or anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. 20 dollars an hour! Buy some pants! If you are low on funds go to goodwill. You filled out an application. So... What kind of place is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. Yeah. There Might Be Coffee.

19. Ummmmmmmm I'm just gonna say I don't think this is going to turn out too well..

It just sounds pretty dodgy really..?? What exactly is the job?

20. I'm in the loop where y'all at
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1403109932.734490.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum