New Invention: Vapor inhaler/compresser

Discussion in 'General' started by FreeMJ, Oct 22, 2009.

1. So with all these new portable vaporizer options like the Iolite and volcano bags, there still isnt a product on the market to compress the vapor and have it with you on the go at all times. The iolite is a. expensive b. Needs time to heat up c. needs to be refilled every other time. The volcano bags are not very portable.

What about converting a micro air compressor to compress vapor or gas and be able to store it in a small package that can provide many hits throughout the day. Just like an inhaler. I think this would be a hit(pun intended lol).

Even better would be an all-in-one system where you just put the herb in a bowl adjust temperature settings, press a button, and have portable vapor.

2. I'm there, but what's to keep it from being expensive?

3. Inhalers aren't compressed air, they are a compressed gas and the gas propels a dose of a super-ground-up medicine into the lungs, basicly inhaling a super-fine powder.

To make something like this work you would need a device like an oxygen tank that could hold the pressure and release it like an oxygen tank does.

4. I think the vapor would get stale after a while.

5. post pics when your done

6. haha will do jack.

If I can find a small pocket sized oxygen tank, and modify it with a slow pressure realse valve that will attache to a compressor who's air inake is a bag of vapor, I would have a prototype within a few days.

Also costs can be cut down to under 200 since I can't imagine manufacturing one for more than $100. Besides, if the manufacturing went to china it would easily cost under 50 to make and could be sold for 150-200 no problem.

7. 1) Goodluck finding a "pocket sized oxygen tank"
    2) Pressurization is going to be a bitch because you are compressing a gaseous mixture filled with particulates and not just gasses mixed together
    3) Your valve runs a high risk of getting fux0red by the particulates
    4) Compressing the vap'd air into the oxygen tank will require more than just an air compressor because of how you're doing it
    5) Releasing the mixture would be problematic. Air tanks work for people when they have tubes going in their nose or down to their lungs, just putting on a face mask isn't going to get you high since all the compressed air will be releasing through vent holes, producing significant wastage

Sorry to shit in your cheerios like this.

8. it could be done,just not the way your saying your gonna do it,i'll buy one tho if you actually make one,if your really in to building and inventing shit,it would be a good incentive to go to school for that kind of trade.

9. Oh also since you're dealing with compressed oxygen you run explosion risks too.

10. Your picture on your sig. is sweet. Those words you have on there, from Nutshell, I play and sing that song ALL the time. Like, a daily basis. AIC is one of my fav. bands. Good to see some fans still kicking around.

11. Down here in the H-town.. Our boys Lil-Flip/Shasta, and some SUC mates went to amsterdam.. Shasta had a inhaler, but it released really thick smoke.. Could we not compress like 20 pounds of reefer-smoke into a canister, with a material inside that kept the smoke fresh, and filter out shit even??? Idk :smoking:

12. You can get little 9oz tanks or smaller for pretty cheap. Empty out a CO2 tank for a paintball gun and fill it up with THC vapor and shoot it directly in your mouth. Getting the equipment to fill the tanks would be expensive but you could sell the tanks individually and make a killing.

13. they already have a topical spray that gets you high... basically the same concept except waaaay cheaper.