Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

NEW INVENTION FEEDBACK PLEASE.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by SRKInventions, Sep 23, 2013.

1. #1 SRKInventions, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2013
    Hello everyone! I'm with SRKInventions here to let you know my company has just finished with designs for a super rad lighter that is something the marijuana community has been needing for the longest. We have just filed our patent application which gives us the title 'Patent Pending', which also allows us to show it to the public with the utmost protection. With huge curiosity dwelling on reactions of our future customers, I thought I'd post it on here for feedback, after all I've been on this site long enough to know that people on here are heavily knowledgeable with marijuana and it's community. 

So here I give you our product.
    rendering1.JPG
    rendering8.JPG
    rendering9.JPG
    rendering7.JPG
    rendering14.JPG
    rendering11.JPG
    Lighter 6.png

As you can see, it looks like an ordinary lighter, but what we did was implement two tools that will be able to assist with pretty much every aspect of smoking. First tool is the poker, its use will be for clearing clogged pipes and packing in any left over herb when rolling joints or blunts, how many times have we all had this problem? Second tool is probably the best one, we wanted to create something that has not been thought of before. We knew a roach clip would be necessary, and with that we came up with the idea of having a roach clip and dab tool in one. As you can see, the tweezers stay shut when not pressed open, allowing you to use that tool to scrape wax, since it is flat and wide it will be the perfect thing to use, angling the tip is also an idea to make it easier as you can see in the last drawing. Since the tweezer/dab tool is metal it will withstand the heat, making dabbing that much more convenient. 

So there it is guys, we tried to eliminate all those tedious problems smokers have and pack it all into the one thing smokers carry the most, convenience was key. Hope to hear some feedback from you! PLEASE PASS AROUND AND SHARE!

***Keep in mind that we are licensing this product to companies, the focus should be on the tools, design, and the functionality. The price and disposable option will be completely up to whatever company picks it up.***

Thank you!
    SRKInventions.

2. Its a good idea, just make sure the light is of high quality. Its not so much about what comes with the lighter, its the lighter itself.

3. Also, will these be disposable? How much will they cost? Those are all real questions I'm sure everyone is thinking.

4. im thinking the something

5. A swiss army lighter! Very nifty.

I think it would get more praise if it was more like a refillable Zippo as opposed to disposable.

6. Hello!
    Well all that will be up to the company that licenses it, we are in contact a with a number of lighter companies and if one of them picks it up they will determine the price/disposableness/etc. 

We have contacted Bic, Zippo, Scripto and a few other good companies, knowing that they will produce a good product, cause like you said, it's not just about the tools.

7. its tough to smoke out of a pipe with a zippo, tastes like shit. Hes got the right idea, but maybe a butane one or something of the sort?

8. good idea but i dont use metal in my glass pipes

9. it looks like it would be about the same size as a bobby pin, I doubt that would do any damage to glass pieces

10. Refillable is definitely something that we thought of as well, but that will be the decision of the company we license it to. We are just pitching the tools and the way they are implemented. 

11. Definitely will be very small, bobby pins were actually used to determine a rough measurement for the poker.

12. Fucking love it. 
    [​IMG]

13. I like the concept, but feel it may be better to allow the "tool" to disconnect from the lighter. That way if it becomes dirty, you can clean it easier or leave it home when travelling to high risk areas. :smoke:

14. It's a good idea except with normal lighters it's $2 and you throw the thing out. I would expect to pay for this because of the tools and and then if it's not refillable it's just a waste of the tools. So either the tools are cheap garbage or it's refillable so you don't have to waste. That's the only way I would buy it or use it

15. We figure either way would work, it's really the decision of the company that we license this to. They may choose to use cheap metal and still be able to sell it for 3/4 dollars. If they decide to make it reusable, higher quality metal would be best.

16. great idea just please execute it well. ill be glad to try one lighter with a dabber??? helll yeah. clippers already had the poking thing. just please make it good quality. and refillable.those 2 and you got ur self a winner.clippers lately have been breaking trying to reill em there starting to be cheaply made so i went back to bics. if your lighters good quality and refillable itll be a hit

17. The only area that will be dirty would be the ends of the tools, a napkin and alcohol should do just fine. Definitely feel you about unsafe areas, pretty sure this will be a hot item to steal. This is why we went with simplicity, so manufacturing can be easy, allowing for an affordable product.

18. #18 Gonzopoly*, Sep 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2013
    Where's the bowl/resin scraper?? I need one of those too mate, I'm tired of using a pen.  :smoke:

19. Thank you! We plan on making it the best quality possibly, because we to will want to use this product as well, and will expect it to deliver. We made sure every item can withstand wear and tear, so malfunctioning shouldn't be a problem. 

20. The tweezer/dab tool can serve that purpose very well, it'll be flat enough for scraping, don't worry, we thought of that as well! :bongin: