new idea

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by thegodfather420, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Hey Grass City!!! since im new i thought i should introduce my self before continuing. Iv been smoking bud for a long time, since i was 13 probably(got an early start. lol) been smoking daily for years now. I used to troll around the overgrown.com forums alot b4 they got shut down. since then iv been looking for something similar and i believe i have found it here at GrassCity.com. I have done some indoor grows b4, although i havent grown in a few years. i dont plan on growing again any time soon, but the subject still fascinates me.

Witch brings me to the subject of the post. if any of you sat and read through my intro lol.i was reading on the forums and noticed some one had used pop cans as reflectors for their cfls. iv seen this b4 and tried it, not the point. i started thinking of the benefits of aluminum and its ability to dissipate heat quickly and efficiently. that being said what if some one were to make a heat sink similar to ones found in computers. and placed them on there refectors or near the lights and ran exhaust through or pass them? could this be an effective method of cooling not only the lights but small grow areas such as cabinets and boxes?

edit: i realize that this idea may have already been thought of. but the concept was new to me and i felt compelled to share with you guys and get your input. iv been out of the growing game for a while and am not up to date on the latest and badest growing methods and equipment. nor am i a master grower in any way. just a man with a hobby and a love for sweet sweet mary jane. ok now im rambling.....good weed though. lol

2. Welcome!
    Heat sink would be a good idea, although it still has to be ventilated out of the room once it leaves the sink. Maybe a thermal paste addition as well?