New Hydro Grow Mandala #1

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Pedxing, Jul 5, 2009.

1. hey every one this is my new grow just started on 6/28. sprouted on 7/1 been vegging 4 days now with 150 watt hps from Sun Systems using General Hydroponics 3 part Flora Series..will be updating

Attached Files:

2. I'll ride along. Hit us with the details on the setup! :cool:

3. I'm curious, is that just a box covered in foil (for the red eye in the sky?) in a room in your house? And the strain won't grow too tall for it?

4. #4 Pedxing, Jul 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2009
    basicly yes a cabinet bought at walmart for like 25 bucks covered in ultraflex fire resistant mylar not foil. used this cab twice already but added the reflective material in this setup[ and a 150 watt hps instead of the cfls which took up too much space. the cab with the light gives me 16in. of growing space thats why i LST my plants with a home made netting made of hemp twine will show that later in the grow. plus two 4in fans
    90 gph submersible water pump with micro tubing and an air pump with stone to keep the water oxygenated. the reservoir is a 2 1/2 gallon tupper from walmart. like i mentions i used this setup befor. its a good grow space just have to know how to maintain it to keep the plants compact. Fimming is always good too. gives more bud sites...:smoke: and yes it in my room in the closet i keep the door little cracked open for air circulation..

5. here more pics 7/8/09 seven days from sprout. the first one looks kinda spiral weird looking but healthy second plant (center) growing the fastes third one lagging behind

Attached Files:

6. #6 weren't me, Jul 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2009
    They're look'n phat! Inconsistency seems to be the norm with a lot of seeds.
    Keep us up dated. :cool:

7. i need help wat did u use to attach the fans and hold them in place

8. to hold the fans in place i used zip ties
    update 7/11/09 crazy wide fan leaves

Attached Files:

9. 7/14 just thought i update

Attached Files:

10. Clean grow box man , what kinda temps are you getting?

11. 77 F during the day and at night its close to 60 F i sleep with the a/c on so its fresh

12. Dude, I like the box. I have a very similiar one that I made from a entertainment center. You may want to try autoflowering dwarfs on your next grow, the box is perfect for them, and you'll spend less time trying to manage the plants "small". The Big Budda White Dwarf I grew last grew only grew to 22" tall and it still put out 2oz of great bud, some grow even shorter, ....Good luck!

13. than for the advise BUDACIOUS, maybe next grow i will try auto flowering dwarfs normally i just fim or LST the plants but its a hassle keeping them in check well anywho thank you :D

14. #14 Pedxing, Jul 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2009
    just another update started 12/12 today 7/19/09 they are 19 days from germination well the big one the others days behind but anywayz im gonna start the transition hopefully they show signs in a week or two the large plants stands at 7 inch tall the others lagging a little but its kewl.:rolleyes: and also removed the water pump and its now just with the air pump and stone

Attached Files:

15. hey every one just thought i update 7/29/09 plants at 29 days from sprout . largest plant 11 inches tall and on the far left plant showing pistils todays two others seem to be healthy still waiting to see what sex they gonna be and also just ordered today a Homebox XS 1.9 x 1.9 x 3.9 www.homebox.net from www.bghydro.com ( better grow hydroponics ) will post a pic also thought i upgrade for the hell of it never hearts to invest in something better

Attached Files:

16. #16 Pedxing, Aug 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2009
    Just got my new Homebox XS today 7/31/09 lots of more room very happy with this great investment

Attached Files:

17. #17 Pedxing, Aug 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2009
    8/3/09 so bushy, plants are very green and the smell of is like an earthy,ripe guava smell and a little skunky.. plants are 16in tall at day 33 from sprout the smallest plant from the start far right cought up to the other two and show'd first signs of female pistils and the one on the far left is also female still waiting on the middle one so show signs of sex.
    didn't feel like lst this grow i fimmed the first plant on the left but that was the only one. but in all everything is going great still using General Hydroponics 3 part flora nutrients. with addition of flora blend and flora nectar.

also just for fun my pet fish nemo's cousin "biggie smalls"

Attached Files:

18. hey guys just gt back been gone for a while and oviously didnt attend my grow had a family emergency and well ddint go so well and my grow didnt make it. but its kewl cuz im gonna start a new grow soon i hope well no more updates fornow...bummer:(

19. hey man hope everythings ok, and sorry about ur crop, ill be waitin for the next grow tho !

20. Seeds are EZ to come by. Family first! Hope everything works out ok.
    look forward to your next try. :cool: