NEW-Homemade Bong with Percolator + Ash Catcher (PICS!)

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by Greck1, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Ok GC, this is my first homemade piece ever. I though about how to make the percolator for a really long time. Being high didn't help me think at all! The Ash catcher attachment is still drying.

With nearly all water bottles there is at the bottom of the bottle in the center a small divot that comes up in the bottle. I positioned the downstem very very carefully as to be aimed right at this nub and it works perfectly like a diffuser. Sends it in all directions. pretty cool

The airflow is superb and there were only 2 leaks to start with which i fixed right away. Last pic my thumb is covering the shotgun. works well too. put it in the perfect spot.

tell me what you think

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. thats pretty sweet man

3. means alot to hear it from another person.
    yeah i was really pumped when it was finally all dry and i was ready to try it out. I was all giddy inside.

4. Looks tight. I would just be careful not to get the plastic pen too hot.

5. yeah i was thinking about that too. the only part that flame will touch is the socket nut.

6. how long did it take for you to make that sucker?

7. well there were alot of steps, cutting the bottles, finding materials glueing, drilling holes.

probably took four hours to make. one could easily make it in an hour tho.

I had to think of the design and then find the shit in my house so it was a slight challenge

8. wow, I would think that's me in that picture if I didn't know any better. That's weird. Nice percolator man, I'm usually not a fan of home-mades but I'm sure that RIPS!!!

9. im not too sure i know what the fuck is going on there.

What are the three straws pokin out of the top of the bottom bottle?

and whats the medicine bottle picture about?
    That's a complex-ass homemade. tight as hell, though

10. #10 Greck1, Jul 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2009
    There are actually four straws there. The straws serve as a way for air to come up from the bottom chamber and then be redirected back into the second water chamber which is in the middle.

The medicine bottle is the ash catcher and the metal part is the bowl, the red pen tip sits in the down stem.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. YOOOO dont use that plastic pen like that..ive made that same setup before and you wont even notice but as the bud burns flames and heat still get close enough to melt that plastic or even that glue you put...i smoked like 5 hits of plastic and bud out of bong once without relizing..**stoner mistake lol

Try useing a metal or glass tube, i have a copper tube on one of my peices which works great too:D

ohh yea and everything else about it looks sweet very nice man!

12. so its like a double bubbler?

Jeeze man I feel so un-ingenious

13. I dont smoke thru that white pen. For this homemade I will only be using the ashcatcher with the metal bowl piece.

Is this still a health concern with this metal piece where i will place my bud?

14. lol you probably should after using that word. hahah just fucking with you

some would argue the smoke itself is hot enough to bring out the toxins in the plastic, but one time use isn't a big deal. just don't make it a habit to use home made pieces, for your future kids sake.

15. gross dude.. your socket is completely covered in rust...

16. Very cool, Michael, of 68th St.

17. yes michael do enjoy that awesome home-made. and also do remember to take those four capsules. loll. and tell me thats not rust in the socket... puke..

18. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA wuddup mike how you fuckin been dude.

19. thats awessome

20. Thats a sick homemade piece but dude you do not won't to be inhaling rust smoke