new here, looking for a strain recomendation

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gawnjay, Aug 29, 2010.

1. hi new guy here, im about to start 6 plants under one 600 hps air cooled in hempy buckets with botanicare organicare nutes i would like to have a strain that finishes in 8 weeks or less preferbly less, i would also like to get a respectible yield hopefully a gram a watt any suggestions would be ausome!!:smoking:

2. Nirvanas chrystal or northern lights

3. There's plenty of strains that fit that, you should do some looking for yourself and find out what YOU like.

4. Maybe AK-48 but I personally like master kush :D

5. I personly like indo sativa hybrids a shorter stockier strain would be perferable and I perfer fruity tastes and anything that is more spider mite resistent or more reselint over all any suggestion would be cool:wave:

6. hows the yield with master kush?
    :smoking:

7. it sounds like you are a new grower. its a lot safer to buy clones. already sexed, and growin! but yes go for the indica hybrids. northern lights is easy and a good smoke.:smoking::smoking:

8. #8 reznkk, Aug 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2010
    Both of these guys gave you some great choices, all from Nirvana. My order just shipped and I ordered 15 seeds of the Northern Lights, AK, and Master Kush.

As a first time grower though, it is a lot easier to start with clones.

9. Would feminized seeds be just as good as clones?

10. Well feminized seeds you have a great chance to get a female, but its still possible to get a hermie. I personally always get fem. seeds. However if you start with a clone, you save yourself about a three weeks to a month depending on the size of the clone, the only downfall is, you don't necessarily know how the mother was treated or how old she is, what nutrients, etc.

11. I love my Big Buddha Bubble Cheese!

12. not new but i do prefer clones saves time:bongin:

13. Yeah, clones would be nice but I have no idea where to get them so I guess I'll have to settle for the feminized seeds.

14. do you have the means to grow a mother plant? if so i would with a ten pack of seeds grow them out to a couple feet see what has the best traits veg wise. take clones from each then proceed to flower the original 10, and veg the clones,pull the males from the flowered bunch as well as the cloned bunch. then finish the flowering choose which one you like the best as far as finished product and your notes from the veg stage then take the corresponding clone and make that your mom this way you get weed from your first batch and you get the best mom that will make beautiful children which by the time ur done with your first batch your mother will be a good size almost ready if not ready to clone.

all this avoids having to get feminized seeds which may or may not work for you plus in my personel opionion femized seeds are a abomination hence the tenency to go hermy good luck man stay up:bongin:

15. Are regular seeds less likely to have hermies compared to feminized?

So if i got this straight,

Feminized = 90% chance female, with a good chance of hermies
    Regular seeds = 50-50 chance of female, 35% chance hermies.
    Im just curious.

16. Sounds like a sound plan. I think that's what I'll do.

Thanks man.

17. any plant can go hermy if given shity conditions, but unstable strains have a better chance of going hermy as oposed to a stable strain. and then there is femenized seeds that there mothers are forced to hermy with some chemical and then is inbreed with itself to make seeds im not sure what the next step is, but i think that might be it. anyway since there inbreed all of the seeds are female but a percentage of them are weak due to the inbreeding and they can go hermy for no reason.:bongin:

18. actually it is a genetic issue. Of course you can cause any plant to hermie via light cycles, drought, and other stress.

Breeders use Gilbraic Acid to force female plants to shoot out pollen sacks. They then harvest that pollen to selectively polinate another plant, resulting in all female seeds.

If the strain is solid then the chance of hermie is very low. Now if you have a genetic hermie and polinate a solid female you will end up with genetic hermaphrodites. There is nothing you can do about genetic hermies except pick off the nanners.

19. Trainwreck!:smoke:

20. yeah i fucking love train wreck its a local legend in my area although there is so much going around i wanna get some variety going but i like were your heads at good lookin:D