New Here. Just started my grow and looking for opinions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mightygnu, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Hey Everyone, I am new here and thought I would blog/forumtroll around. I decided to grow Hydroponic/Aeroponic so we will see where this first grow takes me. Being that it is my first one, I put a lot of time/effort into it so I am hoping for some good yield but we will see. There are 48 ladies in there, I wish I would've opted for maybe 40 or less but like I said, we will see. I wish I would've taken pictures from before I planted, but I didn't, therefore I must describe.

Materials:
    Grow Tent - 10x5x7
    8x400w MH
    2 600 CFM Fans sucking from my lights and tent through a carbon filter
    25000 BTU Air Conditioner for some climate control.
    Dehumidifier
    Growtronix Grow System
    1" PVC canopy inside my tent to hang lights from
    A lot of time and effort :(

Nutrients/Additives:
    House and Garden Aqua Flakes Part A & B
    House and Garden Root Excelerator
    House and Garden Bud XL (Haven't made it that far yet)
    House and Garden Drip Clean
    Some good ole' pH Down

So, my grow method. I am using these (They are painted white) with 3" pots in the top to hold the ladies. I have 4 bins with 12 plants in each and one nutrient/water tank in the center of my grow tent. I also have another bin with 40 gallons of water that automatically fills that has been through 4 stage RO system which then flows into another bin below it that I put nutrients in which than feeds my main nutrient tank, therefore keeping my nutrients in the grow tent at mostly a constant level and the pH doesn't go that crazy on me because of this. Sprayers/Misters (Whatever you would like to call them) inside each bin and a 3" PVC pipe that has holes on the top that feeds fog in from my nutrient tank which is also where my sprayers are coming from. Once again I apologize for not having pictures but I already have my grow started and it would be too difficult to show the setup.

So each bin gets misted and fogged for ample food for the ladies. Also, all of my lights/fans/everything is being controlled with Growtronix. I was skeptical at first, but I like it so far. Only thing I have to do manually is add nutrients, pH down, and raise the lights when necessary, which is nice. My tent stays in between 78-83 degrees, 40% Humidity or lower and now that I am starting flower, will stay at roughly 1000+ c02.

So I am experimenting with a bunch of different strains, seeing what grows the best, however I got shafted as I could only get some of my clones bare root and other were in rockwool which is just a PITA. To try and prevent this, I have two Phototrons with 9 total clones in there that I am making mothers so that way I can have my own bare-root clones. :)

Anyway, to make this story short as I could rant for a long time but this does far less good without pictures, I just flipped them, well in the process as I am doing 36 hours of darkness and then will go to 12/12. I just got done with 24/0 for 3 weeks, longer than I wanted to by far, but I needed the clones that came out of rockwool to try and catch up to my bare-roots as they just took off. I have had to scrog them down, and they are still on a mission to grow to be big girls.

Please ask any and all questions as I am new here. Sorry for the rant of a post, but its 3:51am and sounded like a good idea :)