New Here, First Grow, Progress With Pics.

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Gary147852, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Why not use potting soil? That's what I use. The compost looks like mud, roots need air and that mud won't have any airflow

Sent from my D6603 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Indeed. You need good soil with a minimum of nutes in in light a regular potting soil and then it needs to be wel aired so use perlite or little bit of raw sand and then on the very bottom put small rocks for good water evacuation. Cause you dont want your roots to stack up at the bottom

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

3. The compost only picture at the bottom does appear to be super soupy, I can assure you it is not, is used some sphagnum moss to "aerate" my compost. Seems to be working well.

- Aristocrat

4. [​IMG][​IMG]

Is it cheating to let them outside?
    - Aristocrat

5. Alright man, the reason your having problems is the medium your using is untested and probably very high in natural fertilizers nutrients etc. Which seedlings cannot have. Your plants are getting insane nutrient burn. You need to just get a solid soil or coco grow medium. That has no nutrients or very little. Like everyone else has been saying fox farms is great. I use happy frog. But that's the first problem you need to fix.

Mr.Nice's Indoor LED/CFL Grow

6. The other thing is, I have basically the same box as you right now in my apt for breeding. Your not gonna be able to put a metal Halide in a cardboard box. Invest in some LEDs and more cfls. They make a great combo for micro grows. [​IMG][​IMG]

Mr.Nice's Indoor LED/CFL Grow

7. The reason the plants were dying is the medium, and it's decomposing, lowering the ph, killing the plants. The compost/moss seedling is now at the farthest stage I have seen. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I germinated another seed and placed in this: Root Zone®: Seed Starter Potting Mix | Doctor Earth

- Aristocrat

8. This morning 5/16/16

My new seedling still hasn't popped up.

My compost/moss mix seedling still looks amazing.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

- Aristocrat

9. #49 Gary147852, May 17, 2016
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
    Today 5/17/16

Day 8

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

My new seedling is almost here.

[​IMG]

- Aristocrat

• Like Like x 1
  10. Glad to see they're growing!

I see you're putting dates on your post, but we can already see that information. I think it'd help everyone if you put Day #__ (the number of days it's been above soil).

Hope to see these take off! Next few weeks is going to be a lot of fun for you!

• Like Like x 1
  11. #51 Gary147852, May 18, 2016
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
    Ok day 1 for my newest seedling. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Today is day 9 for the larger plant.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

- Aristocrat

• Like Like x 1
  12. Day 9 mid day.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Day 1 mid day.

[​IMG]

- Aristocrat

13. Looking good bro, day 9 looks yellowed to me, too much or too little of something, sorry if you've already heard this, I haven't been catching up with thread recently

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. I noticed that. But it's still growing.

- Aristocrat

15. Day 10, morning.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Day 2, morning.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

- Aristocrat

16. The baby leaves will always yellow and fall off the plant. Their only temporary until it gets well established. It could be something else but so far i doubt it. It the top starts to yellow id pop on here so ww could give you some help.

Sent from my XT1019 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. IT all looks really good, bro. My concern for you is fire hazard. Cardboard is easily ignited. My first grow I had lights in my closet, but I had placed plastic sheeting on the inside for stealth so the closet would look somewhat normal. I was really nervous about leaving the house at first. I was so scared that the plastic would catch on fire or something would happen. You definitely don't want to take a chance on the fire department stopping by to visit or the police for that matter. Unplug that mess of wires and get a power strip. I got mine from Wal mart for 9.96 or something. I know we all start with whatever we have, but combining cardboard with a cheap extension cord not meant for heavy use at all, could be a problem for you. Do you know how much power you're using?

18. Ya make sure youre cords/power strip can handle the watts youre running. Cardboard man is actually safe to use if you know how to set it up so itll run safe. I myself and my friend have both done grows with a cardboard grow box. Ive only done it once for veg with good success. My friends been doing it for about 2-3 years now without a problem. Just gotta make sure everythings good with the watts n shit.

"The pharmacutical company doesnt create cures, they create customers"

• Like Like x 1