New Here, First Grow, Progress With Pics.

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Gary147852, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Hi all, my name is Gary and I'm starting my first grow. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These are both my babies.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm about 5 days into veg.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  2. Looking good so far!

What kind of growing medium is that?

Also, I noticed your fan placement. Is the lower one the intake?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Hi Gary! Welcome to the wonderful world of growing your own. My first question is what kind of growing medium are you using there? I've never seen that before. These plants need a very light and arid environment for excellent drainage. They do not like to have their roots sitting around in moist conditions all the time. Now I have no idea what that is you're using, but if it drains well and will support the roots of the plant, I suppose it will work. However, if there is no nutritional value to it, you'll be responsible for feeding your plants. Soil is about the easiest medium for the first time grower to use as it's more forgiving. Another tip and it's just fact....the better light you put over your plants, the better plants you'll grow and harvest you'll reap. This holds true in both the veg and bloom cycles. More light equals bigger and better buds. As a matter of fact, the size and density of your buds is directly proportional to how much good strong lighting the plants get while in flower. So while you're in the veg cycle, get as much light over, around and under them as possible....same thing when you get to flower. The CFLs work well for veg but are pretty lackluster for flowering off plants, so while you're working with the plant and getting it up enough in size, be thinking about what you'll use to flower with. I would go at least a couple of months in veg before flowering them. But, they do double or triple in size in flower if they have the light to support that, so you know what you can handle as far as size goes. Hope everything goes well and you're definitely hooked up with the right website if you have problems. Happy growing! TWW

4. These growing medium in sphagnum moss, I have given them only distilled water, I have some fish emulsion 5-1-1 that I'll introduce around week 3, I have 2 100 watt 6700k cfl, diy reflector, the fan near them is a 12v fan feeding it 5v so it's low speed, just using it to keep a little fresh air moving around.

The fans at the top are exhaust, together move around 80 cfm

I have a passive intake as seen at the bottom of the adjacent side of the box.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. A buddy of mine "says" he has a 600w MH light I can use, but we will see.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nice start man! When i see your box i can help but think about security. Have you done anything for the firehazard? And have you covered the cardboard box? Cause it can take humidity and that in combination with electricity isn't the best thing

For the rest you seem to do just fine, maybe just some more light and put your lights horizontaly. They givr much more light by the sides just a hint

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

7. I have not covered it in anything, simply set up the box added fans lights and plants, I still have work to do to it, obviously, any advice is welcome.

8. It's only a hint but if i was you I would paint it white or cover it with a plastic foil. For the rest would take the lamps horizontaly and put a plate on the floor to catch the water

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

9. Ooh!!!! The walls are white, I stapled large white sheets of project paper to the insides.[​IMG]

10. Just a little update, I moved the lights a little closer this morning and I think the first set of true leaves is already larger, probably placebo.

[​IMG]

Close ups of how they're doing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. This is how they looked this morning.

[​IMG][​IMG]

12. I will be following your grow. I also using cfl I have 15 Cfls right now flowering 6 females. At week 1 of flowering

Sent from my D6603 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. I've been over watering. Lost one, [​IMG]

The other was severely yellowed but it's started the get some of its green back in the middle.

[​IMG]

- Aristocrat

14. Shame about that one you had to take out the ground, hope your first recovers! I subbed, if it's not too much could you go check out my pc micro thread, my first grow where it hasn't died lol, good luck!

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. I'm baby sitting today... apartment inspections, took the grow box down in like 5 mins. [​IMG]

- Aristocrat

16. How she looks now. [​IMG]

- Aristocrat

17. How much were you watering... I'm about where you are with my own plant

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. pretty often, everyday, i think there was like 2 or 3 days where me and my girlfriend both watered and didnt log it, stoner probs.

19. I use a calendar to keep track of feeds and water... Sometimes go 2 or 3 days without watering. Always check soil with your finger. If dry to first knuckle then water needed

Sent from my D6603 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. What are those white specks on the leaves? Also is it soil or coco? If soil water good once and leave it 2-3 days

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk