New help with grow tent/closet ventilation

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Noxide, Mar 4, 2013.

1. I have a 4x2x5 tent that fits fairly snug in a closet. Running a 400W MH/HPS cool tube.

Right now I have I have a booster fan intaking the tent and exhausting to the top of the tent. Temps are high 88-90 degrees.

If I run the exhaust outside the closet temporarily it drops a couple degrees to about 85-86 degress.

I have a 6" inline fan/filter combo coming in soon.

Anyone have any ventilation tips? I can exhaust to the attic, but Ive been hearing stories about hot humid air going to the attic will cause mold? My house was built last year.

Any advice appreciated

2. Exhausting to the attic should be fine. Attics are usually humid and hot anyways. Plus, the air from your grow room won't be THAT humid.

If you can vent into the attic, I highly suggest it. Although, exhausting that much air into the attic is pulling it from your house so your air conditioner or heater may have to work a little harder. It'd be like opening a window and still heating/cooling the house. You could rig the fan up to a thermostat to trigger when the heat gets to a certain point, and to stop when it comes back down. Then you wouldn't be wasting so much conditioned air.

3. I live off the gulf coast. Mostly humid air, 100+ degree summers.

Can I run the exhaust through my attic and keep the 6" inline fan/filter in the attic also?

I was hoping it would be life this

Cool tube->Attic->6" inline->Carbon scrubber

Essentially, pulling hot air out of the tent, through the cool tube and into the attic to be filtered?

I guess another is, whats the best way to get cool air into the closet? Just keep it cracked with a fan blowing in?

4. Advice please? :)

(Just realized i made a typo on the title. Should be need not new. Oops)