New help, pyramid ww auto, first grow

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Greenthumbsup1, May 12, 2018.

1. So I started a seed two weeks ago sunday ( day 12 or day 9 if you count when it broke soil). I am growing in coco coir burpee bricks i found at home depot.(i regret this) It seemed to start well and then for a week was stunted so i took more of the bricks i had and rinsed the shit out of them and transplanted my plant. Since then it seems to be doing well but is still growing very slowly. I am using AN sensi coco a and b and only put an 1/8th of seedling recommendation in the coco when first mixed. Since then its been distilled phed water. The leaves look weird is it possible i have a bad seed? I have alot of experience with veggies since i have a garden and thought this would be a cakewalk. Haha Iam using a 400w hps at 50percent two feet over the plant. Ive spent hours on here and other sites and thought i had it down lol. Its definetly different when the stakes are real. Thank you for your time i tend to babble any help is much appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Are you adding calcium and magnesium in your nutrients?

3. Yea, i have the AN sensi grow coco. I added just a alittle of that when i first mixed it up. Didnt want to burn it and they say seedlings dont need nutes.

4. Well I don’t know how much a little is but once the first set of true leaves appear it needs to be fed. Your coco coir has no nutrients in it and the seedling only has enough food to make it past cotyledon stage. After that it is your job to continually feed on a schedule that fits the needs of your strain.

It’s kindve hard to see what’s going on from your pictures but if you just adjust accordingly I think everything will be okay.

Keep us updated.

5. An eighth of the recommended seedling amount. So yea i probably have to feed it. Ive heard to wait til the second or third set of leaves. Sorry i know i took the pic with the hps light on. Amateur mistake. Ok will do. Thank you for your time i really appreciate it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. No worries at all, and yes keep the feeding very light and just pay attention to your plant to determine if you need a flush or a good feeding.