new guy has questions about ez clone

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by fuzzyOne401, Nov 18, 2011.

1. I just made my first clones of some white russians today, but i'm not sure i put enough of the stem below the collar, there is only like a half inch sticking out below the colar. is that enough should i make new ones?

Thanks
    Fuzzy One

2. not sure what the collar is? pictures will make your grasscity life so much better lol.

its hard to answer when being so vague

3. That's plenty of stem exposed. Here's a pic I took a couple weeks ago It's from my first attempt at cloning with the bucket system I purchased. 8 site Htg bucket cloner $50.

BTW sorry about the blur but I think you can still see it ok.

BeZ...V

Attached Files:

4. ive gotten clones with stems as short as 1.5 inches sticking out of the neoprenes

i have an ez clone 30 and have 100% success rate from the start and im on round 3 with the cloner

5. [quote name='"rleezx"']ive gotten clones with stems as short as 1.5 inches sticking out of the neoprenes

i have an ez clone 30 and have 100% success rate from the start and im on round 3 with the cloner[/quote]

That's about 3x longer.than mine they.only about half an inch belowr the collar on the ezclone. We will see what happens :) my whole plan depends on a steady supply of clones

6. it looks fine to me

one thing to note is that the 30 is the largest one you want to get, if you need more then get 2 of the 30's not the one that does 60 or 120 because for some reason the pump in those makes the water to hot

also clean, clean, clean, clean that thing after each use with H2O2 29% for a minimum of 12 hours and then a 24 hour run of bleach water and then rinse it out and run it for a few minutes rinse it out again and run it for another 24 hours with ro water then its ready to use again - I know 2 people who have had to buy new ones in the 2 years since we all got ours at the same time and mine still works great and looks new only replaced the sprayers 1 time and they have replaced the unit 1 time and sprayers many times, when I go over there its always dirty as hell looking compared to mine

7. That's why I confiscated the spare bedroom for the easy clone. My grow room doesn't have room for it and my basement is too dirty. Well as far ad the water temp. I have an aquarium heater and keeping the water at 74 75. It doesn't seem like the pump is creating muchheat Cuz when I turn the heater off the temp drops down to 68 70.
    This I'd my first time using all I did to clean it is fill up clean Ph adjusted tap water. Ran a few minutes. Did twice then filled back up and put in the clear rez.
    think ill be OK?

8. Oh man good thing I only made 12 clones. I checked the water temp last night and forgot to plug the pump back in LOL. They all died quickly.

9. if you don't know what a collar is in reference to an ez clone machine, you probably shouldn't be the 1 playing sheriff of this post.

10. [quote name='"MalibuGym"']if you don't know what a collar is in reference to an ez clone machine, you probably shouldn't be the 1 playing sheriff of this post.[/quote]

I was kinda wondering the same.

11. Started 12 more clones today. Dooshed out the machine used clear rez and clonex with tap water and no dip. Ph balanced. And a lil something so I dont leave the pump unplugged again.heheh

ForumRunner_20111123_054616.png

ForumRunner_20111123_054632.png

ForumRunner_20111123_054648.png

ForumRunner_20111123_054703.png

12. [quote name='"MalibuGym"']if you don't know what a collar is in reference to an ez clone machine, you probably shouldn't be the 1 playing sheriff of this post.[/quote]

Believe it or not but people actually use this site to gain knowledge of things they don't know. Next time, instead of acting like a snob, maybe you can help the guy out with your knowledge. Or you can just continue acting like a dick. You're choice.

13. Hew Grower 409, mind your own damn!!! some know it all chastised a noob 4 not attaching a picture with his ez clone question. then the guy had the nerve to ask what a collar was.... that's all I'm saying. if I see a post I know nothing about I skip it. I dont continue to read it and then blame the person for not putting pictures, when I don't know the first thing about ez clone machines. so if you don't know what your talking about, just don't click on the damn thread. he didn't have to be such a asshole. I WAS sticking up for the noob!!!

14. This is a public forum... This is my "own damn"...

He wasn't a dick at all... He didn't understand what a collar was, and asked for a pic. A completely reasonable thing to do when trying to diagnose someones problems in hopes of helping them out.

You can learn a thing or two around here if you can manage to get that chip off your shoulder.

Just a thought. Have fun patting yourself on the back.

:wave:

15. okay know it all 409, the original poster was looking for help, not for someone who didn't know what a collar was. Nuff said. if I post a question asking about what to do for a cure, and someone replied with," cure for what?" I would be a little disappointed. and then if they have me to post a picture of my disease, I would say thanks but no thanks.

16. Hey thanks 409 for ruining. My post

17. Are you guys done sucking each other off yet?

18. [quote name='"Grower409"']Are you guys done sucking each other off yet?[/quote]

Um no

19. "Old guy has the answer"!!...:D
    It's no doubt a trick question to get me punked. Hope I don't blow it...:rolleyes:

If the stems are getting wet it should be ok but, with 1" you are pretty much assured...Unless you shut the pump off;)

20. Clones are looking good at 3 days. Do they really root in five days like ezclone advertisese? How long until I see Root